William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

i would much rather the boring nude pumps or clunky wedges than some Kardashianesque monstrosities. Count your blessings British monarchy for beautiful but bland Kate.

You do know there's an in between right? lol. There are plenty of beautiful classic women w/great footwear. That's Manolo Blahnik's bread and butter.

I think it's a shame that Kate likes fashion except she doesn't care about shoes. I like that she dresses very classically (to me) but the boring shoes take away from her outfits. Money is no object so why not employ a stylist who would do all the running around and find cute things (like shoes that are the slightest bit more interesting than nude) and Kate could just pick from an assortment of colors, styles, etc.? Princess Diana always looked fantastic and I have no recollection about her shoes except I know she didn't wear the same shoes with every outfit.
Comfort perhaps? She seems to be walking/standing quite a bit.

Someone once told me that everyone you see who looks normal on tv or camera is small irl and everyone who you think looks skinny on tv, looks like they barely exist in person. I am sure irl that girl looks gaunt.

I believe this. When I saw Jane Fonda on the street in NYC, I couldn't believe an adult woman could be that small.

She's adorable and always looks so happy and classic! I just love her.

A thought on her shoes: I have a hard time finding closed pumps/wedges that don't slip off of my heel but aren't so small that they end up hurting me. I have a pair of LK Bennet nude pumps that fit me perfectly, so I understand why she wears the same shoes over and over if she knows she has to move quickly without shoes flapping all over, but still maintain comfort and style. Could she wear more exciting shoes? Sure, but she's not a pop star or modeling in some studio.