Workplace The office refrigerator...

We have the same problem too, just like the arses who jam the photo copier and walk away, don't fill the copier with paper when it's empty, or don't empty the shredder when it full.
That's another thread for a rant.

We used to have two fridges, one for the production guys and one for the office/lab staff but they had to get rid of the production guy's fridge last month because we're switching to a food grade facility and their break area wasn't properly separated from the plant and now our fridge is always over flowing and disgusting! Half eaten lunches in plastic bags from months ago, opened drinks, expired condiments, ugh. I keep my lunch in a proper lunch bag (just makes it easier, especially when I bring enough food for two lunches so I can just leave it) and half the time I have to just shove it in somewhere. They also shoved the vending machine that was next to the other fridge in the break room and it takes up so much room. So obnoxious.

But we are pretty good about not eating others food and everyone knows on the table is for sharing, in/on the fridge and on the counter is personal.

We used to take pictures of the office fridge at my old work. We called this one lady "Dirty Bird" behind her back because she would take her half drank coffee, covered up with her hot pink lipstick, and stick it in the fridge and leave it for weeks. One day she left a lean cuisine on the counter for several days, then heated it up and ate it. Those are only a FEW of the things she would do.

My newest one, although relatively clean, definitely has salad dressing in there that expired in 2010. My one co-worker is notorious for microwaving FISH.

I don't even touch the handle of the fridge or micro without washing my hands or using something to touch them. I won't even drink a bottle of water on my desk if I left it there overnight with the lid on thinking someone could have done something to it even though I am one of the last to leave the office.

Our microwave handle was covered in some kind of slimy substance this afternoon. Why are people such slobs???

passiveaggressivenotes.com was invented due to things like this. That site is always good for a lot of laughs.

i'm not sure i'd get all bent out of shape over an open can of pop in the fridge. if that person is that trusting, then who cares? perhaps they didn't want to finish the can, but wanted to save it for later? i guess in my head the best possible solution is to try and keep it cold. now if it were there for a few days - i'd take the liberty of throwing it out.

my boss is a clean freak - she freaks out on people when they don't clean the microwave. of course she doesn't go TO the person who actually made the mess, she just yells at all of us. I have my own microwave in my office.

i believe we used to have an employee here that would eat other people's food and then blame it on someone else. thankfully she's now gone. she wouldn't eat meals, but she would eat snacks (i keep a lot of snacky stuff in my office).

but my office is small so we don't have to worry about fridge stuff too often. However... apparently if we leave candy out the cleaning people will eat it all. we have a jar of candy up at the reception area and one morning we came in and it was entirely cleaned out except for like 2 snack size candy bars.

I don't even touch the handle of the fridge or micro without washing my hands or using something to touch them. I won't even drink a bottle of water on my desk if I left it there overnight with the lid on thinking someone could have done something to it even though I am one of the last to leave the office.

OMG I am the same way! I swear some people think I'm weird cause of it.

We have a monthly fridge cleaning schedule and we are each supposed to take turns cleaning it out but have this one lady whose totally OCD or something so she does it all the time :lol: as far as someone leaving an open can of soda if they were planning to return to it more power to them, yuk!

We used to take pictures of the office fridge at my old work. We called this one lady "Dirty Bird" behind her back because she would take her half drank coffee, covered up with her hot pink lipstick, and stick it in the fridge and leave it for weeks. One day she left a lean cuisine on the counter for several days, then heated it up and ate it. Those are only a FEW of the things she would do.

My newest one, although relatively clean, definitely has salad dressing in there that expired in 2010. My one co-worker is notorious for microwaving FISH.

She must have a stomach made of iron.

i'm not sure i'd get all bent out of shape over an open can of pop in the fridge. if that person is that trusting, then who cares? perhaps they didn't want to finish the can, but wanted to save it for later? i guess in my head the best possible solution is to try and keep it cold. now if it were there for a few days - i'd take the liberty of throwing it out.

my boss is a clean freak - she freaks out on people when they don't clean the microwave. of course she doesn't go TO the person who actually made the mess, she just yells at all of us. I have my own microwave in my office.

i believe we used to have an employee here that would eat other people's food and then blame it on someone else. thankfully she's now gone. she wouldn't eat meals, but she would eat snacks (i keep a lot of snacky stuff in my office).

but my office is small so we don't have to worry about fridge stuff too often. However... apparently if we leave candy out the cleaning people will eat it all. we have a jar of candy up at the reception area and one morning we came in and it was entirely cleaned out except for like 2 snack size candy bars.

:lol: I once worked in a place where someone kept eating my lunch, almost every week.

Like others, I thought from the title of this thread, we were going to get some really weird "look what we found in the office fridge!" stories. I've come across TOO MANY in my working career.

There is one story that everyone in our office of 40 know about. I work at an investment bank and there was an analyst who had just come back from a trip in India. He had been having troubles for about 2 weeks so during work, he took a break to go see the doctor. A couple days went by after he had seen the doctor, when an admin assistant looking for left overs found a small odd bottle inside the fridge. Upon inspection, she realized it was actually "biohazard!"

Turns out the guy's doctor had asked for a sample of his stool. He took a sample, and thought he'd keep it "fresh" by putting it in the fridge. No one knew how long it had been sitting there, but obviously some people have no idea what normal hygiene habits are - which was no surprise when he started getting stomach troubles in the first place.

:faint:

We had to recently put our names on our food..due to a disgusting incident. A co-worker put his leftover chinese food in the fridge, he went to reheat it the next day. To his surprise the takeout box was in the trash. He went to open it and saw it had been eaten! :wtf: Someone ate his leftovers!!!!! Ewwwwwwe!

He was upset and sent an email out to everyone here (there's like 10 or so of us here) asking who did it basically. Our company lawyer admitted to it! He apologized. :nogood:

Who does stuff like this? I mean seriously eating after someone else like this! What could they be thinking some people spit in their food while they are eating :yucky:

Ugh, such a testy topic for me!

I recently switched departments and floors, meaning that I am working with a totaly new team and that I don't use the same kitchen I used to.

The refridgerator here is absolutely DISGUSTING!!! It looks like a microwave that Spaghetti exploded in. The walls are dirty and it smells awful. I refuse to put my food in there...which is sometimes a problem when I want to take something that should be kept cold.

Basically, I think I work with a bunch of pigs here...this fact is already clear by just looking at their desks... *sigh*