The Nose Ring (or stud) Question: Where do YOU stand?

^^^
Hahaha! You're too funny!! I remember trying to watch Frasier and TRYING to digest his conversations with Niles... Waaaaay over my head! LOL. I couldn't laugh on "cue". LOL.

You are so amazing. Really. Your post was like a book, I intended to skim through it, but ended up reading it word for word...and enjoyed all 3 hours of it(kidding).

And to answer your question, mine is not pierced. I would never get a piercing that everyone could see(except my ears). I used to have my tongue done, and I still have my navel done. Honestly, I think nose rings are tacky. JMHO.

My nose is pierced. That is about all with the exception of my ears...I used to have my tongue done and both the top and bottom of my belly button but just recently have decided to let them close. I may redo again someday when I'm not so fat! :yes:

But I can't part with my nose piercing. I have had it done for 7 years and I can go all week without putting anything in it...I just wear it on the weekends!

GF, you make my brain hurt sometimes with your posts! That is not a bad thing...I come here (dictionary in hand) and get a good brain workout!

Keep it up! You are a rock star!!

Thank you all for saying such nice things to me. This post, and the one in the Sugar Daddy thread that I linked to in the egregious bump post on here, are about an event that had a major effect on me, what is remarkable, I guess, is that I was not a major player, it wasn't something that happened to me, but then again, in another way, it was.

The other remarkable aspect is that it was far from unique, I guess it was just because that girl, I don't know, I felt an instant compassion for her because here her parents had paid somebody off to get her into a situation, and had these expectations, that were just so absurd. I mean, she was the sweetest person you could ever hope to meet, but her gifts were just not a good match for even the most basic academic pursuits.

And so you couldn't help but feel sorry for her, that her parents, that she was willing to do just anything, sacrifice her whole life for, it turned out, didn't even know her, had never paid enough attention to who she actually was to notice what was evident to me, and everybody else who met her, in five minutes!

It was like they didn't even think about it when they had to pay out these huge sums to get schools to take her, which they had done since she was a little kid!

Anyway, the story is not entirely tragic. The young artist did meet and marry the Right One for him, which of course my friend was not. And the fact that he thought she was back then is just a testament to how sweet and charming she was. She never had the slightest idea what he was talking about, and eventually, that probably would have become an issue. ;)

I have a very tiny diamond stud in my left nostril. I didn't get it done until last summer, when I was 35, though I had always wanted one. I absolutely love it and I am very glad I had it done.

i have a nose ringgggg :smile: wohoo go me! :smile: haha and its not the cute little diamond that everyone and their momma has (ok fine i have that one too hehe) but i have three little dots that move...if anyone is desi -- they are kind of like payals! (aka janjra!)

and i LOVE it, even if my nose isnt perfect heeh :smile: but i have to agree, i love the use of ur words exp how you have some "culture" in there

man i miss writing!

...exp how you have some "culture" in there

man i miss writing!
Thank you luvednotspoiled! I have not tried the danglydot philosophy, it sounds like it looks great. Maybe....

Anyway, I bet writing misses you too. Why don't you call it up and get together?

I bet there are lots of people here who would so love to know more about payals and how to totally work a dupatta and make their own paneer so they don't have to get that supermarket kind that tastes like tofu that needs counseling and things. And all chock-full of culture! Culture in every bite! :wlae:

I don't have a nose ring, but I think it's fine if a person wants one - just not for me. One of my friends is originally from India and has a nose ring but never wore it to work because she thought it was unprofessional. She would only wear her nose ring on the weekends or for special occasions but one day, she wore it to work. I think it's fine for work as long as it's tasteful.

On a different note, I'm not a fan of the hoop earring in the eyebrow - just think it looks a bit odd sticking out from the eyebrow.

...I'm not a fan of the hoop earring in the eyebrow...
You know, I think it is like the nose ring, or which earrings. Or anything else, clothes too, it just depends on the person. I have seen people who looked great with eyebrow rings, just like some people look great with a little sparkly nose stud, and there are even people who can actually wear button earrings, and those shoulder duster things.

But put any of it on the wrong person, and it is no different from those empire waist tops. If it's not right for you, you are going to look fat, pregnant, or both, and if you wear the wrong bling in the wrong place, you might not look pregnant but - OK you get the idea.

We are so lucky to be living in a time of fine quality eyelash glue, so that we can do trial runs of all kinds and shapes and locations of facebling to see what works for us!

My nose is not pierced. Neither are my ears. I m just not one of those gals. I can't even wear my ring. An irony since I love jeweleries. As a matter of fact, when I sit down to work, I would take off my watch and my bracelet and put them in the drawer.

But I think nose studs would look great in a young girl with a lot of attitude!