The NEW SilkyPop Bag

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
As mentioned by HG a couple of days ago .... it's now available on hermes.com (UK)

Here are some pictures.

Leather: Buffle Skipper
Price: GBP540

You never know when you need an extra carrier.

Attachments

• Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper.jpg
    Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper 2.jpg
    Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper 3.jpg
    Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper 3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,647
  • Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper 4.jpg
    Silky Pop Bag in Brown Buffle Skipper 4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 267
Wait... so this bag closes into a small leather accessory? I don't know if it's the way its being modeled, but it looks like an apron :shrugs: Not feeling it personally...

The bag is actually made of silk/scarf and when not in use, it is folded and zipped up like a zipped agenda. When you need to use it to carry things, unzip and pull out the silk. The leather zipper part becomes the base of the bag.

To me, it looks as if it opens up into a makeshift Picotin. It could come in handy but I really don't think I would ever use it. Just one more thing to make my bag a bit heavier.

I love this!

attachment.php

I saw it advertised (in a feature about environmentally-friendly shopping bags) as something that you can use as a shopper at the market...instead of always getting plastic or paper bags...sorta H's answer to the anya hindmarch "i'm not plastic" bag...:tup:

The design is lovely, as all H scarves are, but I'd be afraid of really using this bag since I'd wonder how much weight the scarf can actually take, even if the base is leather.

It's definitely not heavy duty. And I would not envision myself using it for groceries either. But possibly some light apparel shopping or carrying my morning newspaper (with it wrapped in plastic first of course)

The design is lovely, as all H scarves are, but I'd be afraid of really using this bag since I'd wonder how much weight the scarf can actually take, even if the base is leather.

I agree with this. I think this would work for a small wallet, phone, and sunglasses. It just seems like such a fun way to add some scarf color without wearing a scarf.

I have a bag in similar design.. but i think its cute and very fashionable.. and as you mentioned mrssparkles.. it can be used for newspaper and few items..

actually when i was in uk/paris.. i used to take the one i have (not hermes) with me every morning for my morning run.. and on my way back to apartment..i would stop for magazines, newspapers, fresh bread..etc.. so such bag comes in handy!!

love the last one..gorgeous!!