The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies, I have a question. Has anyone ever done clear Crystal Swarovski on an ivory base before? The pics I've seen so far are of clear Crystal on Silver base.

I think I've found my dream wedding dress, and it's a pale ivory shade. I'm worried that Crystal on Silver might have too much of a blue tone and was wondering if Crystal would work on an Opalescent White base.. to give it more of a creamy, silvery look..? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I personally hate the way clear looks over ivory. It just looks very sloppy and unfinished IMO, which is why I always paint my bases either silver or champagne. HTH

Thanks everyone! :biggrin:

Ayobeckah, I tested the first marks to see how much leeway I'd have if I made a mistake - and nothing I could think of would remove the ink, so I haven't put a coating over the shoes. I think when Sharpie says 'permanent' they really mean it! :smile:

I think you've opened up the doors to a new trend lol ! I'm glad they won't rub off easily I'd love to see what you wear them with, it seems as though your options are endless

I started AND finished these Lady Lynch today. I am TIRED, but these and my pigalle clutch are literally two of my most prized masterpieces thus far. I am so proud of myself for the craftsmanship on these, and that I was able to finish the pair in one day AND be a mom. lol.

Originally nude, painted silver glitter and strassed in gold rim/clear Swarovski 2039 Crystals. IN LOVE!

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg
You did an awesome job ... looks better than the real Cl´s :smile: Love them and I always appreciate your pattern.

Ladies, I have a question. Has anyone ever done clear Crystal Swarovski on an ivory base before? The pics I've seen so far are of clear Crystal on Silver base.

I think I've found my dream wedding dress, and it's a pale ivory shade. I'm worried that Crystal on Silver might have too much of a blue tone and was wondering if Crystal would work on an Opalescent White base.. to give it more of a creamy, silvery look..? Thanks in advance for your opinions!
I agree with oak - silber clear on an ivory base doesn´t look good. In my opinion crystal clear has a cold light and some hints of "dark" as the base is silber. ivery itself is a warm color. I would choose MOONLIGHT on an Ivory shoe to enhance the warmth and lift the shoe to a bright and light statement. Just buy some stones of crystal clear and some of moonlight and see what it does for your bridal shoe. You will love it. And congrats on your weddingdress. Any pics for us?

I started AND finished these Lady Lynch today. I am TIRED, but these and my pigalle clutch are literally two of my most prized masterpieces thus far. I am so proud of myself for the craftsmanship on these, and that I was able to finish the pair in one day AND be a mom. lol.

Originally nude, painted silver glitter and strassed in gold rim/clear Swarovski 2039 Crystals. IN LOVE!

I have no words to describe how beautiful these are... well, maybe one word... SPECTACULAR!!! :faint: :drool: :faint: :loveeyes: I am in awe that you completed them in one day. Wear them in good health!

Thank you! If I'm painting them I always strip them. If not, it's not as risky. When you paint and don't strip, the paint comes off (and the crystals right along with it) in CHUNKS. With such an investment in both time and money, always strip patent if you're painting them. Hth

Out of curiosity, what do you use to strip the patent with? I have a pair I could DIY that are patent.

I agree with oak - silber clear on an ivory base doesn´t look good. In my opinion crystal clear has a cold light and some hints of "dark" as the base is silber. ivery itself is a warm color. I would choose MOONLIGHT on an Ivory shoe to enhance the warmth and lift the shoe to a bright and light statement. Just buy some stones of crystal clear and some of moonlight and see what it does for your bridal shoe. You will love it. And congrats on your weddingdress. Any pics for us?

I disagree. Moonlight is warm and cool bc it reflects specks of yellow, but mainly blues (hence moonlight). I would only strass moonlight over a silver or baby blue base color. Never ivory. No matter how close your strass pattern is, you're always going to see some background. In mine, it's usually not much, but there is some. Always paint the base first IMO. For clear, gold, silver or champagne works best. And if you're worried about silver, opt for champagne.

WOW!!! Those are super!!!!!:loveeyes::loveeyes::faint::faint:

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg

Amazing, they are so different from the "normal" strass! I still think you pigalle clutch is my fav:P

I disagree. Moonlight is warm and cool bc it reflects specks of yellow, but mainly blues (hence moonlight). I would only strass moonlight over a silver or baby blue base color. Never ivory. No matter how close your strass pattern is, you're always going to see some background. In mine, it's usually not much, but there is some. Always paint the base first IMO. For clear, gold, silver or champagne works best. And if you're worried about silver, opt for champagne.

Thank you for that Oak! Yes that's my main concern about moonlight. I don't think the blue that it reflects would suit my dress, and I'm a little worried about clear Crystal on Silver throwing a similar light. I think I'm going to go for champagne. Thanks for your advice!!

Thanks for your opinion! I didn't want moonlight as it's too blue for my dress.. so I'm still going for crystal on a champagne base. Fingers crossed I get the mix right :P I'm keeping my dress a secret as my other half knows I frequent the CL forum! :P But I'll definitely post pics of my shoes when they are done (won't be anytime soon though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.