The Mulberry Life

Okay, loving this Brit talk! Very exciting for me... (imagine how boring my life is in the jungle...in the sunny 85 degree (F) weather...).
1. What is Horlicks?
2. Is Diptyque a French brand or an English brand?
3. What is John Lewis? I know it's a store...but a department store? Or a women's store...?

For me, going to U.K. is so PROHIBITIVELY expensive, I cringe every time I need to buy a bottle of water. The LB is 2 x the US dollar. So it is true heart attack time. I imagine if you earn in pounds, then life is..."normal"? What say you Brits?

It is so funny. I wake up in the morning and come online and see what all your Brits have been chattering about without me. By the time I am posting, you are all out busy in your days... I have the Mulberry forum all to myself in the evening while you are asleep, talking to myself, preparing my posts for you to wake up to in the a.m.

Okay, loving this Brit talk! Very exciting for me... (imagine how boring my life is in the jungle...in the sunny 85 degree (F) weather...).
1. What is Horlicks?
3. What is John Lewis? I know it's a store...but a department store? Or a women's store...?

Horlicks is the most disgusting drink known to man. It's a oaty concoction that you put with milk and have hot. Yuk!
Diptyque is French.
John Lewis is the fabbest department store. It was started by Quakers so for a long time they didn't take credit cards or open on Sundays or Mondays but that's all changed. It is just a delight.

1. What is Horlicks?

OK Horlicks is a milky malt flavour drink you have at bedtime (hope this is right Horlicks fans-I have only tried it once. Diptyque is French. John Lewis is a department store (sells Mulberry), sells lots of homeware.
Just thinking is going to the pub quiz just a British past time.

I never knew that John Lewis was started by Quakers. Is it true that this store is owned by employees who all have shares,and are all therefore very motivated? I must ask my DH

Oh i adore John Lewis- sells my favourite things- bags (incl Mulberry) and skin care ( including Neal's yard). Normally go for a look around- my 3yr old loves the escalators then we have lunch and if he's been good we might have a look in the toy department!

Oh and for the record I love horlicks and ovaltine!

I will have to try Horlicks on my next trip. I imagine it is filled with fiber and very good for you?

It is a powder? What is the flavor? What time of day are you supposed to drink it?

How many stores does John Lewis have? Is there a web site?

My boys adore John Lewis too! The Bristol one at Cribbs Causeway is fab and the boys love the cafe, I never manage a visit without having to treat them to food!
I'm like a kid in a sweet shop in the cosmetics dept, then I have a wander around the bags, always have to try on some expensive sunnies, check out the clothes & then - my fave bit - hit the stationery dept. Yep girls, I have a thing for paper!

I will have to try Horlicks on my next trip. I imagine it is filled with fiber and very good for you?

It is a powder? What is the flavor? What time of day are you supposed to drink it?

How many stores does John Lewis have? Is there a web site?

Oh TropicalGal, you're going to have assimilated so much Brit style that you're going to get off the train & be Judi Dench!!!
OK, Horlicks is a powder and it is malt flavoured. It's usually drunk at night to help you sleep.
John Lewis does have a website - www.johnlewis.com
There are shops in the main towns & cities. My nearest is at Bristol.

Sarajane...I'm not THAT old-- Judi Dench's age!!! LOLOLOL.
I have a feeling that I will LOVE Horlicks. I love the flavor of malt.
And I'm off now to study the John Lewis website. I love your descriptions of it -- so friendly. You really all seem to love it. In downtown London, I imagine.

Sarajane...I'm not THAT old-- Judi Dench's age!!! LOLOLOL.
I have a feeling that I will LOVE Horlicks. I love the flavor of malt.
And I'm off now to study the John Lewis website. I love your descriptions of it -- so friendly. You really all seem to love it. In downtown London, I imagine.

I didn't mean her age! She just sums up everything that is British & classy! She's gorgeous, talented, elegant, sexy. She's kind of everything that is great about Britain rolled into one person.
OK, I'll be looking out for Kate Winslet then!

I have never tried Horlicks but I imagine it is didgusting.
John Lewis up here doesn't sell Mulberry :crybaby:I find the customer service there to be a bit lacking. It's full of middle-aged women and I feel they're always looking down their noses at me...