The Monaco Babe Thread *READ THE WARNING FIRST*

I thought "shilling" meant that a seller has someone they know bid on an item to get the price up. This book is a BIN. Not sure what you mean about them "shilling" ????

From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: 2shill Function: noun Etymology: perhaps short for shillaber, of unknown origin Date: circa 1916 1 a: one who acts as a decoy (as for a pitchman or gambler) b: one who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter

From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: 2shill Function: noun Etymology: perhaps short for shillaber, of unknown origin Date: circa 1916 1 a: one who acts as a decoy (as for a pitchman or gambler) b: one who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter

Yes, that is pretty close to how eBay uses it:

From eBay:
"Shill Bidding is bidding that artificially increases an item’s price or apparent desirability, or bidding by individuals with a level of access to the seller’s item information not available to the general Community. Shill bidding is prohibited on eBay."

Last edited:
Hi there,

Does anyone know if the ebay user, theartofacquisition? They're shilling the book about fakes by people who sell fakes.

I don't know personally, but I'm highly suspicious based on the feedback alone -- s/he's sold five prada fairy bags in the last month and a half or so. They're so in-demand, how did she get her hands on so many AND manage to sell them new?

(I apologize if s/he is already on the bad sellers list/this has been discussed on the authenticate this! thread already)

There's already a thread on this, I believe she is a reputable seller and active on tpf...

No, she isn't, as she is banned.

My apologies. I confused the two scammers (monaco-babe and theartofacquisition with the same scheme).

I meant to post about hermesgalleria using theartofacquisition's presence here on tPF (albeit in the past).

I was searching around, curious about certain ebay sellers (and wondering who in the world would help RGM advertise her book to potential duped victims). The number of threads that came up (on a somewhat complicated trail) made lucid some of her intentions. She still sells on ebay as theartofacquisition.
Should she not be on the avoidance list?

Sorry for the cross-post.

Last edited:
it has been over 6 months now since a new post on this thread, and what a thread it's been!!!
do we know that she has ceased her business? can anyone tell us what we are looking for on ebay to alert us that MB is anywhere and maybe still 'working'

or have i missed an arrest?

heyy hun!! thanks for sharing your precious information with us?? i need to know how big my chances is to get a 50cm HAC in vert fonce fjord GH:heart: in paris?? hermes here in dubai is really bad you dont even get the chance to choose your color or leather type of the bag you want ive been waiting for 3 years with no response and about store managers is it normal if they keep changing them on a monthly basis????

Roxy:

I still check for her auctions weekly on EB.

I have not found any sellers that might be MB!!

It's been over a year and I believe she's MIA. Perhaps in a French Jail?

Blue Crocodile:

Perhaps you posted in the incorrect thread??

Agree! She must be not alone, and seemingly have a very good connections in different countries. And many of her supporters are still very active here in the purseforum. Whenever there's someone who tried to disclose her tricks and saying bad things about her, you can see there must be opponents vs the victim, trying to attack her or him. That's really unfair. But, they must have the punishment eventually.

Monaco-babe, Paparazzi-girl, and Moda-da sellers (Natalya) have all been banned by ebay. She starts over w/ a new selling id. She is a scam artist and is very smart, thus she has figured out how to do this. Perhaps friends or relatives help her by letting her use their addresses etc. Or you never know, perhaps this is NOT just one person!

FASHIONANYONE again is the new id

Last edited:
Porgal said: many of her supporters are still very active here in the purseforum. Whenever there's someone who tried to disclose her tricks and saying bad things about her, you can see there must be opponents vs the victim, trying to attack her or him.

You are saying that TPF members support a known scammer? Which posts or posters are you referring to?

Porgal said: many of her supporters are still very active here in the purseforum. Whenever there's someone who tried to disclose her tricks and saying bad things about her, you can see there must be opponents vs the victim, trying to attack her or him.

You are saying that TPF members support a known scammer? Which posts or posters are you referring to?

Porgal seems to be more interested in being xx than in getting any real insight into how she can recoup her money....

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree! She must be not alone, and seemingly have a very good connections in different countries. And many of her supporters are still very active here in the purseforum. Whenever there's someone who tried to disclose her tricks and saying bad things about her, you can see there must be opponents vs the victim, trying to attack her or him. That's really unfair. But, they must have the punishment eventually.

Porgal,
I am sympathtic to your having been scammed. It is aggregious indeed.

However, regarding your statement above (highlighted in red), I find no evidence to support your statement.

On the contrary, I find evidence that TPF members have offered good, sound advice and they have done an excellent job in profiling the scammer and posting ample warnings all over this site.

Also, the moderators, as busy as they are, stepped-in to protect TPFers from this scammer.

One must always be vigilant and discerning while participating in any public blog. Many eyes are watching the content of the TPF.

I wish you well.

Godspeed to you.