The Manhattanites' Society Club

107 days old?? C'mon people revive this club!

2 Questions for Manhattan GM owners:

1) Does the strap in the front have a tendency to get creased/wrinkly (see pics), and do you have to be very careful with the bottom corners? I see a lot of preloved being sold with wrinkly front straps and completely torn piping in the corners....not sure if these bags were just abused, or if those 2 things are inevitable.

2) I know many of you say the GM can be worn on the shoulders...but is it really bulky on the side? I have a Berkeley that is technically also a shoulder bag, but I feel it is so too clunky and makes my arm stick out too much...hoping that's not the case with the Manhattan GM.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.34.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.34.08 AM.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.32.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.32.47 AM.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.32.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 11.32.33 AM.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
107 days old?? C'mon people revive this club!

2 Questions for Manhattan GM owners:

1) Does the strap in the front have a tendency to get creased/wrinkly (see pics), and do you have to be very careful with the bottom corners? I see a lot of preloved being sold with wrinkly front straps and completely torn piping in the corners....not sure if these bags were just abused, or if those 2 things are inevitable.

2) I know many of you say the GM can be worn on the shoulders...but is it really bulky on the side? I have a Berkeley that is technically also a shoulder bag, but I feel it is so too clunky and makes my arm stick out too much...hoping that's not the case with the Manhattan GM.

Any input would be much appreciated!

I know it was asked a while ago but incase any is still wondering..I have the GM and I absolutely love it. I dont carry it often but when I do it feels super luxe. Its a very solid and substantial bag and very well made, no turning in at the corners or anything like the speedy. I cannot carry it on my shoulder no1 because its very uncomfortable and 2 because it just doesnt look right on me im 5'8" and i look all trussed up if i try to do that.
I havent had any problems with the strap as I dont close it when im not using it, and i think i leave it unfastened most of the time when im using it also. The pockets arent curling out at the sides also because I leave them open when its not in use.
I mainly take her out if I dont have alot of things to carry in my purse and Im not going shopping because she is pretty heavy! So things like lunch and back home are fine.
Its still in beautiful condition and I love to take her out on days when in the mood, and outfit suits!

5528FA75-B621-4664-861D-B9984ABCFEBC.jpeg It’s better to be late than NEVER. I always admired this bag from afar. This is one of the few bags that were popular during my time when I first dipped my toes in designer handbags.. I was 21 at that time. I can still remember the beautiful magazine ad by Uma Thurman holding this Manhattan PM.

I was lucky enough to find one in pristine condition. Little bit of Patina, no watermarks and it was used only twice (as claimed by the seller)

I am so happy that I am finally an official member of this club!!

Reactions: MahaM
View attachment 4444914 It’s better to be late than NEVER. I always admired this bag from afar. This is one of the few bags that were popular during my time when I first dipped my toes in designer handbags.. I was 21 at that time. I can still remember the beautiful magazine ad by Uma Thurman holding this Manhattan PM.

I was lucky enough to find one in pristine condition. Little bit of Patina, no watermarks and it was used only twice (as claimed by the seller)

I am so happy that I am finally an official member of this club!!

Congrats for a gorgeous purchase! I've loved this from afar aswell! I bought the GM, back when it first came out, but it was too heavy so I sold it. What has stopped me so far from buying the PM is that I'm afraid it might be too small, I tend to carry quite a lot. Still on the fence........

Reactions: iqaganda
Congrats for a gorgeous purchase! I've loved this from afar aswell! I bought the GM, back when it first came out, but it was too heavy so I sold it. What has stopped me so far from buying the PM is that I'm afraid it might be too small, I tend to carry quite a lot. Still on the fence........

Thanks! I felt the weight that everybody was saying about this bag when she was still in the paperbag on the way back home. Hopefully, it’s bearable when using it. As for the size, i can see that it’s roomy. It’s not like the Alma where it’s big but you can’t stuff it to the brim.

I really love this bag and I can’t wait to use it!