The longest you've gone without seeing your S.O.

1. What's the longest you've gone without seeing him? What was the reason? Business trip, long distance relationship, etc.?

Bah, it'll be two more months before I see mine. :crybaby:
  2. Like maybe 2 months? It was harder in the first few years but I got used to it now.
  3. How ocme? Where is he going?
  4. Hey Kathy! You and Amanda are the first two people I think of when I think of "long distance!"

When can you and your boyfriend finally be together??
  5. He's only my quasi-S.O. for now. Until I get to Chicago, at least! Thanks for asking, Kathy!
  6. The longest I've gone without seeing my SO is four months, although it looks like it'll be over 6 months this time ... My SO is in Singapore and I'm in the U.S. so we only get to see each other once every 4 months ... We've been doing the long-distance for close to 2 years now and have gone out for 3.5 years ...

Oh and I do NOT know how long this long distance will continue as I am not given an actual date ...
  7. 9 months. he is active military and was deployed to somalia on the humanitarian mission in the 1990's.
  8. I'm in PA and he's in MD (3 hours away). We see each other on the weekends lately but in our earlier years when we were both still in college, I'd have to sit through summer not seeing him at all. Well, we eventuall broke down and he pays me a visit so the longest was a little over two months or so. It's so much easier now. He's trying to get a 9-5 job instead of contracting (cause it's not working out for him) right now but he will still be in MD. Maybe in two years we will be living together? Married? LOL. It's up to him. I know I'm ready. Kinda frustrating at times.

Is he in Chicago then?
  9. Seriously, girl, you deserve a cookie. I don't know how you do it! You two deserve the VERY best after all this!

Yeah, he's in Chicago.
  10. LOL. He buys me a couple bags here and there to preoccupy me. :roflmfao: I tend to miss him more when I get bored and have nothing to do. My brain just starts thinking of relationship stuff so the best thing for me to do is keep busy.

Hang in there. You're moving there soon!!! :yahoo:
  11. unboyfriend!

i was in a long-distance relationship previously, and i think he longest we went was like 3 months. turned out eventually, though, that we were better at long distance than we were at being together!
  12. so far, 3 weeks has been the max and it was because I decided to take a job in frisco..
  13. Thankfully only 5 days! Once was just after we had been dating a couple months and he went to visit his family across the country for the holidays. It was just too soon for me to make the trek with him at that time but we spoke on the phone every day. Another time was on a Vegas trip with girlfriends - a yearly tradition with very strict rules that no husbands or boyfriends are allowed.
  14. The longest time without my SO has been 2 weeks because he had to go away for business. He owns his own business and has to make about 2 short frequent trips every month (each time anywhere between 2-5 days).
  15. 6 weeks has been our longest. My husband travels for work ALL THE TIME. He's currently in South Africa and back at the end of the week. I get bored when he's away and seem to do loads of online shopping.