THE LADIES IN RED; New York Fashion Week

1. New York Fashion Week officially kicked off today amid an international debate about too-thin models, yet the first major runway show of the event featured women of all shapes, sizes, ages and colours.

That first show on the catwalks at Bryant Park was the Heart Truth show, an annual event in which celebrities wear red dresses created for them by famous designers. Heart Truth is part of the Red Dress project, a federal initiative spearheaded by first lady Laura Bush, to raise awareness about heart disease.

[​IMG] The always adorable Kristin Chenoweth goes flirty in a baby doll dress.

[​IMG]As rumours persist of a 'Sex and the City' reunion (again!), Kim Cattrall takes to the catwalk in a one-shoulder goddess gown by Carolina Herrera

The always perky Kelly Ripa is all smiles in a Diane von Furstenberg beaded wrap dress[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]
    '30 Rock' star Jane Krakowski keeps it elegant in an interesting Zac Posen number.
    [​IMG]
    Race-car driver Danica Patrick goes high end model in her loose short-sleeve gown by Jovovich-Hawk featuring a heart embroidery at the centre of its empire waist.

[​IMG]
    'American Idol' reject Katharine McPhee sparkles in a Swarovski minidress with over 79 000 crystals

Angela Bassett shows off her Tina Turneresque arms in Carmen Marc Valvo.
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]
    Rachel Ray goes from everyday hillbilly to Grecian goddess in Donna Karan.

[​IMG]

The always gorgeous Marlee Matlin was stunning in a sweetheart-neck strapless gown by Douglas Hannant

4. Angela Basset and Rachel Ray rock red dresses like a pro.
    thanks for this thread, very nice.

5. [​IMG]

6. rachel ray looks the best!

7. Thanks for the pics. RED is my favourite colour..The dresses are absolutley gorgeous!!

8. I agree, Rachael Ray, surprisingly enough, looks the best in her red Grecian number! That style and color really suits her.

9. I don't like Rachel Ray in that dress. Her hair looks..well, eww. But katherine mcphee did remind me of Rose McGowan with the whole milky white complexion and red lip!

10. I love the Donna Karen dress (Rachel Ray)! Would totally wear that dress :yes:

11. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Phylicia Rashad wearing Alia Kahn
    Betsey Johnson wearing Betsey Johnson

[​IMG]Alek Wek wearing Ellen Tracy

12. Thanks for the pics. Angela and Kelly look gorgeous.

13. Great pictures!

14. great thread thanks for posting

15. Lovely pictures! Red is such a "becoming'' color on all the models. I do have a question, though. Is it me and my old age, or is it really getting more and more difficult to tell one model (and celebrity for that matter) from another? So many of them look alike to me, gorgeous, but alike.