The Killers "Mr Brightside" a rip off of another song ????

1. Hi I was listening to an old CD today from 2000, it had various songs on it and then it went onto this song called "Private emotion" by Ricky Martin, OMG I thought it was the Killers Mr Brightside.

I love the killers Mr Brightside song but these two songs are way to similar. Have a look and see what you think, here is Ricky Martin's Private emotion

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ohs7O8GTUic

2. The instrumental in the very beginning is slightly similar because of the chords, but I think it's a huge stretch to same they're close to each other. Even the acoustic version of Mr. Brightside sounds very different than Ricky Martin's song.

3. Ummm, what shocks me even more: WTF are you listening to Ricky Martin?!?!!?!?! :wtf::nogood:

:roflmfao:

4. haha VERY old album with lots of songs on haha :p :roflmfao::roflmfao:

5. yeah, right! :graucho: :rolleyes:

(was it a "Now that's what I call Music"?!?! :p)

6. haha, No it was Pepsi Chart 2000 < why ever did I buy it :push::roflmfao::roflmfao:

7. it has the same hook definitely. but thats about it.....and admit it steve, you have a ricky martin poster on your wall right now don't you!?

8. I love both songs and have listened to them a lot, and it haven't occured to me once that one might be a ripoff of the other. I have to agree that the beginning is similar, but otherwise, I really can't hear it :smile:

9. ok, ok, I will admit it :sweatdrop:, I have 3 Ricky posters

haha :p

10. Then here's some eyecandy for you :kiss:

[​IMG]

:roflmfao:

Two things: A) They are just friends! :rolleyes: :p B) Is that an ankle bracelet?!? :wtf:

----

:back2topic:

I do hear that the sample is pretty much the same, but do I care?! Nope! There's so much stealing/borrowing/remaking going on anyway, kwim.

What I find even stranger are songs that are in the charts during the same time, sound exactly alike but are performed by 2 different groups :confused1: Like that "Dragostea Din Te" (was that what it was called?) song a couple of years ago

13. oh NOOOOOO, pain in my eye :roflmfao:

14. That really is a super silly pic, isn't?!? Time to play "Caption this!" :graucho: