The Hermes Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal

Aug 7, 2006
I was looking at a friend's Birkin today, and I noticed that the stamp on hers was a bit different others I've seen. What should a real Hermes stamp on a Birkin or a Kelly look like, up close? Any authentic pics would be great!

:smile:

That's what I thought it looked like. My friend's looks a little different. I'm starting to wonder if she has a fake. It looks great, but it just might be a fake...

Changing the font/size/placement of letters or something similar is one thing, but sometimes small variations in appearance may be caused by the texture of the leather.

There has also been a very very slight change in the Hermes stamp font beginning with last year (J bags)-the font is slightly more wide and block-y (if that makes sense).

i took a nice close up shot of my stamp (i call it the money shot :smile: ) and i would post it but i don't know how to watermark it :blush: so someone won't use it to sell a fake!

if someone could do it for me, i'd email him/her the pic! :smile:

There has also been a very very slight change in the Hermes stamp font beginning with last year (J bags)-the font is slightly more wide and block-y (if that makes sense).
Yep, I already posted pics in the thread titled "Hermes throughout the ages" in the Hermes reference library. Just look for pics of the strap hardware and you will notice a change in the font. At the time, it was a new phenomenon and just posted the pics without referring to the change in font because I didn't want to post any clues to the fakers. Both bags were purchased a month apart. Interestingly, the old font was found on the newer bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.