The Handbag High

I get high when I buy it directly from the store as oppose to ordering online. I just love the feeling of getting "served" by the SAs and carrying a shopping bag out the store.

Since I don't live very close to high end stores, I've gotten used to waiting for things to be delivered so It's my normal "high" - waiting is half the fun for me! Before the internet, I became a master of phoning stores and having things shipped to me -- usually when I do get shopping in Boston or NYC, I buy other things and not expensive bags during the trip;)

nikki213 said:
As an accessories junkie I get a high when buying a new item. Does anyone else find that the high isn't quite as good when buying online as opposed to buying in a store?

Yes, I love the experience of buying at the boutique. I love seeing what's there and trying different things on, finally making a decision and walking out with the bag :nuts:

For me.. the high comes from locating the bag at the stores and buying it from my phone. I don't really go out to the boutiques because I live so far from them so I prefere online or by phone:love:

pursegalsf said:
I get a high either way... I have low tolerance :lol:

I agree!!! :biggrin:

I would rather buy from a store, but the selection is limited here, so online shopping is unavoidable. (Well, for me!) I get excited waiting for the item to arrive, and when it does get here, it kind of feels like getting a present! I love receiving handbags from Net-a-Porter--they come in a wonderful black box!

Of course, if I have to return the bag, that is a huge downer. It's only happened twice, though, and I've ordered online quite a bit.

I get the high either way, but I am very shy about some SA's. My first trip to Saks, I bought my MJ and my heart was pounding. I don't know whether it was my shyness or the purse or a combination of both. I have to say I loved how they have many of the purses out and not even in the display case.

nikki213 said:
As an accessories junkie I get a high when buying a new item. Does anyone else find that the high isn't quite as good when buying online as opposed to buying in a store?

If anything,the high from buying online is bigger!Delayed gratification is not my big thing,but in this case it pays off!!

The thing is,the high from buying online comes when your parcel arrives and you unwrap it...nothing beats those first few moments working your way through the packaging!!

Of course,because I often buy online sight unseen (Holland not exactly being fashion valhalla )I have learnt to keep my excitement in check somewhat,so that the disappointment isn't too great if they item doesn't fit or isn't what I thought it was.

Ha! When you have a three year old you gain a whole new appreciation for online shopping! I love it! The ony bad thing is that I tend to spend more online I think. I was so excited to get my Saleya and Guccis online, a total rush!