The Handbag Book!!!

1. I was at Barnes & Noble tonight & skimming the beauty section, when a NEW book caught my eye! What could this be? No, not about hair, makeup, clothes... but BAGS!!! It's called The Handbag: An Illustrated History by Caroline Cox:

[​IMG]

I HAD to get it!! It's new, from 2007, and it has the COMPLETE history of handbags, like from where they originated, up to the 20th century & popularity of the bags we love - the Hermes Kelly, LV, Balenciaga, Chloe ~ they're ALL in here :yahoo: And there are pictures :love: Okay, if you don't really like reading history books, at least it's about bags, and there is some really cool info in it that I didn't know before (like how LV has a big corporation that owns a LOT of the other companies... I didn't know this!)

If you are in a bookstore, especially like Barnes or Borders, I recommend browsing through it! Or get it- a GREAT coffeetable book! I don't come across books about handbags too often, so i HAD to share!!! :smile:

2. Wow. Thanks for the info. I'm considering going on a handbag ban for some time. This book will surely give me the rush of buying bags without breaking my ban.

3. Thanks for the info, actually planning a trip there tomorrow ... gotta check this out!

4. That looks fabulous!

5. I may just have to pick that up it looks like a fun read. Thanks for sharing!

6. Thanks! I'll look for it at Border's. I am going there today after I go to Whole Foods -- thankfully they're next door to each other.

7. Cool, I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

8. ooh...that looks like a fun read....thanks for letting us know!

9. Thanks for posting this! It looks really interesting. I've gotten more intrigued lately with the history of the bag. Just bought a little book "Handbags" by Anna Johnson. Much smaller, not a coffee table book, but lots of pics and a history.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute is having an exhibition now in fashion, and part of it is a blog you can check out on line.

Sorry if above have been posted about before! ;)

10. Thanks for sharing....I WANT ONE! Also a great gift idea!

11. Great! Thanks! I was looking for a great read!!!

12. Oh my gosh, I want it! I will look for it, it would be a perfect coffee table book.

13. Cool! I'm going to get my local bookstore to order it for me (I doubt they've got it in already - they're pretty small). Thanks for posting it!

14. Ooh boy, I love that book!! Every time I go to Barnes & Noble (which is on a weekly basis to catch up on news/gossip/new books), I pick that one up to look at the pictures. It always puts a smile on my face; there are some really cute bags in there! :smile: