The GST Club

No, even with the sale I wouldnt buy it as it is too saggy to me and the stains...I mean if you do keep your bags nice , then I dont think you can stand this condition. You may have the urge for it now but may regret. Does the store offer return? Thats may change my opinion.

No they don't! I'll just have to pass and keep my eyes open. Thanks everyone!!

Hi, I recently bought a vintage single flap jumbo and am SO enjoying it, but for a little more special occasions Z(ie out to dinner etc). I have definitely caught the bug as I am now looking at pre-owned GSTs for another purchase, more every day/casual...Any words of advice? I think I would like to go with black caviar, ghw, and the newest design that has the attached leather keyring...Thanks! I have already pored over tons of posts :smile:. It's amazing how strong opinions are on the GST both ways...I am definitely in the love it group...

Hi, I recently bought a vintage single flap jumbo and am SO enjoying it, but for a little more special occasions Z(ie out to dinner etc). I have definitely caught the bug as I am now looking at pre-owned GSTs for another purchase, more every day/casual...Any words of advice? I think I would like to go with black caviar, ghw, and the newest design that has the attached leather keyring...Thanks! I have already pored over tons of posts :smile:. It's amazing how strong opinions are on the GST both ways...I am definitely in the love it group...

I have to say that I absolutely love my GST. Its a really lovely piece and i'm sad that they have discontinued it as I use to really enjoy seeing the seasonal colours coming out. I would say that if you are going down the preloved route - look for one thats not lost its shape. I really think it spoils the look when it starts to become really shapeless (although some people love this). If you store it well then it will keep its shape really well. Im not sure where you are based but I have seen a few on the UK ebay site that are new or lightly used :smile:

Reactions: Wonderwoman36
I have to say that I absolutely love my GST. Its a really lovely piece and i'm sad that they have discontinued it as I use to really enjoy seeing the seasonal colours coming out. I would say that if you are going down the preloved route - look for one thats not lost its shape. I really think it spoils the look when it starts to become really shapeless (although some people love this). If you store it well then it will keep its shape really well. Im not sure where you are based but I have seen a few on the UK ebay site that are new or lightly used :smile:
Thank you for the input, and I have come to the same conclusion! I am purchasing a 2014 which is still in excellent shape, I love the "boxiness". I read somewhere it's best stored lying down?

That's awesome Karihope!

I'm still in search for a GST. What do you think is a good price for a (good condition) used one?

They seem to range from $1800 - "ok" shape->$2200 - decent shape - and so on. I *planned* to pay no more than $2000. [emoji120] As I sifted through, I decided that I wanted both very good condition and the latest model, I find the attached leather key chain so useful and cute for my office fob and key. Also I will get major use out of the bag. I wanted one still in the boxy shape and I am going to do my best to keep it that way. I also wanted to have an authenticity card which a lot don't have. So...I looked at a few, had a few authenticated, and this one had everything I wanted for $2600 but the seller took $2500. I paid more for this than the vintage flap I just got! I justified to myself 1 - it will get lots of use and 2 - there is a big difference in condition for just a few hundred $$ more. Right??? [emoji6]. BUT, the prices are quite a bit lower for the older style (with the stitched on cc), so if you are ok with that (and I would def have been if I hadn't wanted the leather strap keychain), you can def pay a good deal less than I did for ones that look good. Oh and I also wanted ghw, shw are also less! Hope all that helps!!