The follow up story of my damaged Cloud bag

1. Hi everyone,
    Guess what I saw at the store yesterday? My damaged bag which is on the floor display. :nuts:( I actually went inside and check it very carefully, and confirmed it was my returned bag.)

I'm suspecting:
    1. Is there really a LONG wait list after all? Or they just want to make me feel it is very difficult to get. Therefore, I will keep it.
    2. The next person on the list actually spotted it and not accepted it.

At a result, they have to put it out on display. I just don't understand how could they try to sell a damaged bag?

Now, I'm very please on my decision and not feeling any regret for returning it.:yes: Hopefully they will give me a call very soon and sure I will check carefully every time when I purchase anything from LV or any other brands.
  2. Such a gorgeous display for a damaged bag!

Though, I would have taken it :p
  3. May I ask what's wrong with your cloud bag?
  4. Awh it looks so pretty sitting there! i want it :sad:
  5. I think you made the right decission. Otherwise it would've bugged you. I know it would bother me if my bag wasn't perfect.
  6. ^There was a tear in one of the OP's pics previous thread.
  7. Meeju: The previous thread and the pix was on Apr 16:

Thank you everyone for your concern. I found something very interesting from the whole return/exchange process yesterday, which is if someone is about to have lunch, please do not interrupt.

I went to the talk to my SA and she was about to go for her lunch. When she saw me walked in, she was kind enough to ask me what she can help me. Then I told her what I spotted etc…. Then my SA responded the following:
    • There is a very long wait list, if I’m not satisfy with the bag, they are happy to do refund but she won’t be able to get another bag for me, so it is like I’m giving up my chance.:crybaby:
    • They don’t see anything wrong (the scuff), not that I pointed it out.
    • This is what it is from the shipping box, it hasn’t been put on the floor. Therefore, it is not a damaged/defected item. (but the leather clearly isn’t smooth on that tiny part)
    • No leather is prefect, because it is the skin of animal.
    • If I exam every bag so carefully, there isn’t any bag is prefect for me.
    • If I don’t want the bag, they will simply call the next customer on the list, she will be very happy to have that bag.
    Since she needed to leave for her lunch break, she asked another SA to assist me with my findings. During the entire conversion, they were having like “take it or leave it” attitude. The another SA just kept saying it isn’t that noticeable. (Well, not that noticeable doesn’t mean it is not a defect):cursing:

In the end, I decided to have my money back. Because I don’t think I’m willing to pay almost 3K for a damaged bag. I was super upset, it sounded like it was my fault to be picky on a famous brand.

In that later afternoon, I received a call from my SA. Strangely enough she called to apologize for what happed this morning, because that was her lunch time etc….and willing to exchange if she received another one and making sure that one is prefect.
    All the sudden, I was like riding a roller coaster, I was very upset this morning but then I’m kinda hoping she is going to get me another one.
  8. I am glad that you are happy now.
  9. Just read through all of your story. I think you made the right decision to return it.

Hope you will get a new one soon. :yes:
  10. I hope you get another bag soon.
    As for your damaged bag I don't think LV really cares and hopes that someone will buy the item and not notice.:sad:
  11. it looks good as a display model!!!! good decision!! :rolleyes:
  12. I hope you get another one. I saw one on Sat finally an they are sooo gorgeous. Def worth the price IMO.
  13. IMO i don't think the bag is "damaged' otherwise they wouldn't have sold it to you in the first place, kwim. Also I don't think LV would send it back to the reject pile for it's little imperfection as the bag costs a lot to make and they would lose profit. I am sure that someone desperate enough who wants that bag would buy it and overlook the imperfection...if I really wanted it, I'd most likely get it even with the imperfection that you showed in the pics as to me it is not that big of a deal. Anyway...glad you're happy with your return and don't regret it! hope you find something that you will like more.
  14. Hmm... I went back to look at the pics and I didn't really see it as damaged. :s

I'm glad that you got your money back though. :smile:
  15. i went back and looked at the pictures & did notice a slight scuff.

i think you did the right thing by taking the bag back. you shouldn't have to pay for a bag that is damaged, regardless of how small the damage is.

i hope you get a new one soon :smile: good luck!