The Elvis Presley Memorial Thread

1. [​IMG]

August 16, 2007 will mark the 30th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death.

Had he lived, he would be 72 years old.

My first Elvis song was (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear, and it was on Disney's DTV Valentine Special. The show took love songs and paired them with Disney cartoons.

Growing up, I used to listen to lots of oldies, and I would hear Jailhouse Rock a lot.

I fell in love with Burnin' Love from watching Lilo & Stitch. (Wynona Judd did a cover of it during the end credits.)

I'm watching Larry King interview Priscilla Presley in Graceland. I think it's wonderful that, despite their difficult marriage (I've read her book Elvis and Me) she still loves him.

My mom told me she had a ticket to see Elvis's concert but my grandpa wouldn't let her go. I was like, "You should've gone anyway!"

My mom's friend is a HUGE Elvis fan. She has a suitcase full of Elvis memorabilia and programs from his concerts.

My favorite pictures of him are the ones when he was younger, because my GOD, he was beautiful!

He lived an unhealthy life and he died too young. He is greatly missed.

My favorite Elvis songs (in no particular order):

1. Burnin' Love
    2. Suspicious Minds
    3. Fools Rush In
    4. In the Ghetto
    5. Heartbreak Hotel
    6. Viva Las Vegas
    7. Don't Be Cruel
    8. A Little Less Conversation
  2. I love listening to Elvis. I went to Graceland when I was little and it was so beautiful. I hope to go back and see it again.
  3. Yeah, wow its been 30 years since he died. My dad was a huge Elvis fan. I think Lisa Marie looks exactly like him. Too bad she opens her mouth. I have been to Graceland and I was actually disappointed by how small it was.
  4. The day he died is one that I will never forget.