The Elephant?

1. Anyone know what the Elephant cadena comemorates?.....and did I spell this completely wrong?????

Just bought one and it's coming any day now and I'm clueless.....:shrugs:

2. D., if I remember correctly, that was for '88, Year of Africa.

3. i have an elephant belt and i believe it was actually 96 that was the year of africa....that is when i got mine....

4. I thought Africa was the Lion.....which I'm taking a beating on eBay right now....:hysteric:

5. The Lion was issued in '97. I'm pretty sure '88 was Year of Africa.

6. Oh, Shopmom, I think you are bidding against me. I want the lion 'cause it is the year of my son's birth.

I just bought the Elephant & the SA said that it was 1988.

7. Hmm, is 1997 Year of Africa, too? I know 1996 is Year of Music.

8. Thanks, 24! Year of Africa makes the Elephant special to me since we're headed off there next year....ok. I don't feel so bad letting the Lion go then.......

9. OH NO, Sus!!!!! Ok.....you go, girl! That baby has your name written all over it......I'm happy as a clam with my Elephant!!!!

10. Thanks Shopmom. Africa is fabulous -- where are you going?

11. South Africa somewhere but it's just in the beginning stages right now. We've got a lot of planning to do yet because we're going to try to wrap it into a visit to Paris too for my 50th! Heehee.....I've got Paris all figured out.....not much yet on SA though......

12. ^^^^ So very thrilling Shopmom!...I love the elephant!:love: .

13. This Japanese Mag I'm reading states that the Elephant Cadena was for the year 1988.

Lion was for 1997. No details on what it commemorates though

14. I guess elephants are exotic.