The dream colour on a Hermes Lindy?

I just had to let go a 30 black clemence Lindy but now that I've seen those two photos of Charlotte Dellal, I'm thinking maybe I should have gotten it...*sigh* what to do?? wait out for a colour 34 Lindy? or get this one?

cewek,
you really have to try it on to see if its suit you or not.
I just scored an eutope 30 from Rome last week, it happened that they also have the black one. I tried both on, and I chose Etoupe. Black looks a bit boring, the SA also recommend the Etoupe and he's a black classic fan! If you're going to splurge might as well get the one that looks nice ~ not for the sake of owning one. My opinion anyway...

best of luck...

I had a chance to get a rubis Lindy yesterday. I went to the store to have it checked out, surprisingly, I didn't like the color on the Lindy very much. Keep in mind that I am a rubis fan, thought I would love this combo. I think I like it better with RG.

I have an orange Lindy, surprisingly it's a versatile bag. Usually I am not a fan of theo Hermes orange.

cewek,
you really have to try it on to see if its suit you or not.
I just scored an eutope 30 from Rome last week, it happened that they also have the black one. I tried both on, and I chose Etoupe. Black looks a bit boring, the SA also recommend the Etoupe and he's a black classic fan! If you're going to splurge might as well get the one that looks nice ~ not for the sake of owning one. My opinion anyway...

best of luck...

you are so right madamekimmy! :flowers:

I guess it was just an "in the heat of the moment" kind of thing :shame: . I'd just spent a couple of months harrassing the stores in Amsterdam and Maastricht so that they'll remember me when I do finally get into the shops there from Australia! So you can imagine my excitement when I rang and they'd said they do have a Lindy in stock! That black 30cm Lindy would have probably been sold by now. I'll give them another call tomorrow to see if they've gotten any more different colour ones.

Hi again and thanks so much for all your help regarding the colour for my lindy.
I was very lucky yesterday because I could try on both the the iris with GHW in size 30 and the Ruby with PHW in size 34. Both clemence. And they were both gorgeous especially the GHW on the iris colour.
But and there is a BUT- my initial intention was to pick a 30 because I wanted a shoulder bag and a casual bag. And the minute I use the shoulder strap of the 30 and compared to the 34, I was surprised to find out that the 30 strap is shorter and also thinner thus not quite comfortable to wear over my shoulder. As for the 34 the strap is wider and ooh so SO comfortable over my shoulder!
As for the drop the 30 dropped till just below my waist line and it looked stunted on me whilst the 34 fell a little lower to almost hip level and the bag collapsed beautifully! Unlike the 30 which has less leather in the middle to collapse into.
And the handles of the 30 is perfect to loop over the arm if you like for evening usage. And the handles of the 34 is slightly longer and bigger so it's also nice over the arm.
All in all I bet you can all guess, I bought the 34 simply because weight wise not much diff and the wider more comfortable strap and yes the rich red ruby colour looked lovely complemented by the PHW. And this morning I tied on a twilly over one of it's handles and looped the shoulder strap over my shoulder and off I went to the local market to buy my groceries! Not once did strap fall off and I hardly noticed the bag was heavy at all! And I love the floppiness of the clemence leather let alone the divine smell and the ruby colour is amazing in natural light!
I am one happy momma... :woohoo::woohoo::tup::love:

Congrats, iris with ghw sounds divine, but I do have to agree, 30 does look a little funny on me, the strap feels kind of short, I wish the bag would sit on my hip. I have yet to try a 34 and would love to.

Please post some mod pics when u have a chance. Congrats again, I now have to find a 34 to try on.

Hi again and thanks so much for all your help regarding the colour for my lindy.
I was very lucky yesterday because I could try on both the the iris with GHW in size 30 and the Ruby with PHW in size 34. Both clemence. And they were both gorgeous especially the GHW on the iris colour.
But and there is a BUT- my initial intention was to pick a 30 because I wanted a shoulder bag and a casual bag. And the minute I use the shoulder strap of the 30 and compared to the 34, I was surprised to find out that the 30 strap is shorter and also thinner thus not quite comfortable to wear over my shoulder. As for the 34 the strap is wider and ooh so SO comfortable over my shoulder!
As for the drop the 30 dropped till just below my waist line and it looked stunted on me whilst the 34 fell a little lower to almost hip level and the bag collapsed beautifully! Unlike the 30 which has less leather in the middle to collapse into.
And the handles of the 30 is perfect to loop over the arm if you like for evening usage. And the handles of the 34 is slightly longer and bigger so it's also nice over the arm.
All in all I bet you can all guess, I bought the 34 simply because weight wise not much diff and the wider more comfortable strap and yes the rich red ruby colour looked lovely complemented by the PHW. And this morning I tied on a twilly over one of it's handles and looped the shoulder strap over my shoulder and off I went to the local market to buy my groceries! Not once did strap fall off and I hardly noticed the bag was heavy at all! And I love the floppiness of the clemence leather let alone the divine smell and the ruby colour is amazing in natural light!
I am one happy momma... :woohoo::woohoo::tup::love:
congrats!!:woohoo::woohoo:did u get it from home country?

Please share yr bag pics here!

drrac68 said:
I got it from a store bag society in Bangsar. They have a huge range of birkins and a couple of lindys. Prices are a little more expensive than the Hermes store in KL pavilion.

Hi babe, what's the price of birkin there? And do they have a website or contact? Tks.

bagalogist said:
A friend of mine who is 170cm also prefers size 30. I recommend you go with size 30 for daily use, 34 for travel. I see most ppl carry size 30 where we are.

Good luck deciding;)

Mine is 30 cm and it fits perfectly for my 155 cm frame. I bought it while travelling as my GSH Balenciaga city got too heavy. 30 is perfect as it looks dainty but carries a big loot , this winter it means my handbag organizer of pen, balm, lip stick, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, Hand cream, tickets, passport, son's gloves, my gloves and hat plus a small bottle of water, my blackberry and my iPhone !!