The Devil Wears Prada

1. Well I finally saw the movie and Hermes made many appearances in there. There were plenty of orange bags, orange boxes and even a glimpse of the New York Madison Ave store. There were some references to the scarves and at one point there was a glimpse of a few of them as one of the characters suffered a mishap. however, unless I missed something I saw not one single Hermes bag. I saw plenty of other bags though, but no birkins or kellys. :sad:
  2. I'm dying to see this movie!
    DH would rather have a root canal...
  3. I can't wait to see that movie!!!!! Was it good though? Worth seeing?
  4. It was great. I actually liked it better than the book and Meryl Streep was gorgeous. The clothes in there and the handbags were just breathtaking. I only wish they would have added some Hermes bags to the mix.
  5. Sounds like mine!!!:lol:
  6. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: GREENTEA and KRISTIE.......mine too :roflmfao: :roflmfao: officially cracked me up today....
  7. Greentea, Kristie & Shopmom, I think all of our DH's were brothers in a past life!:lol:
  8. Definitely not a guy movie IMO!!! I saw it tonight with dd - I really enjoyed it but I love the designer name dropping and trying to figure out what it what!! No Hermes bags but the scarves/boxes and bags were in several scenes!! And there were other bags and nice clothes -- it was a great fashion movie!
  9. Ok, well this is right up my alley! I think I'm going tomorrow with a girlfriend because my DD wouldn't be caught DEAD with her Mom at a movie!

I think I'll bring Lady H to that one....seems fitting somehow.....
  10. I adored the movie. I was like a kid in a candy store with all the fabulous clothes, accessories, shoes, bags, etc... I especially loved all of the Chanel Necklaces Andy wore.
  11. Too funny Greentea.

12. Now, see, if MY Mum carried Hermes bags, I'd wanna be seen with her everywhere!!!!!!:biggrin:
  13. Kristie....I'm a little worried about DD....her taste level in leather goods is sadly lacking.......where or where did I go wrong!?!?!?!?!
  14. I think several of us maybe in the same boat here.
  15. Hubby and I went to see it tonight. I was forced to agree to Chinese food first, but it was a small price to pay. Actually hubby ended up loving it! I was in heaven with all the bags and clothes. I worried initially about the casting and whether it would "ruin" the book, but as it turns out I thought the movie was BETTER than the book! Sort of took all the "not so great" parts of the book and refined them. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD!!! And that Marc Jacobs bag was to die for!