The Damier Azur comment I heard today

it almost is worse that hers was real...if she's spending that much money and concerned about what is real LV and what is not, you would think she should know.

but some people are not very concerned at the new items that LV comes out with. Like I know if it weren't for this Forum, I may think the azur wasn't part of LV. Actually, when I first got addicted to LV I only knew that they made mutlicolore, Mono, and cherry blossom...not mini mono, or mini lin..or damier.

I also noticed that in my city..the few that carry real LV's are all Mono speedy...it's as if that is the only canvas design and style that Louis Vuitton made..

anyway that was pretty rude for someone to make a comment like that...

I think that's why I like azur though, cuz it doesn't shout "LOUIS VUITTON" and only TRUE LV lovers would know how limited it is (even though its permanent).

just my thoughts..

but some people are not very concerned at the new items that LV comes out with. Like I know if it weren't for this Forum, I may think the azur wasn't part of LV. Actually, when I first got addicted to LV I only knew that they made mutlicolore, Mono, and cherry blossom...not mini mono, or mini lin..or damier.

I also noticed that in my city..the few that carry real LV's are all Mono speedy...it's as if that is the only canvas design and style that Louis Vuitton made..

anyway that was pretty rude for someone to make a comment like that...

I think that's why I like azur though, cuz it doesn't shout "LOUIS VUITTON" and only TRUE LV lovers would know how limited it is (even though its permanent).

just my thoughts..

i didn't know about this forum until december, and i know i checked the LV site usually at least once a month for new stuff (since finding this forum i'm checking EVERYDAY and seem to be adding new stuff to my list EVER DAY...jeeze) and knew about azur before they put the animation up on the site. i liked it, but after i saw the animation i LOVED it. my azur speedy is probably my fav bag right now -- we'll see if i still feel that way when the handles patina.

i dunno, just noting that i check the site for new stuff and generally always know about it when it came out. the only thing i saw IRL before the site was the miroir pochette - and that was only because it was hidden on the site under clutches so i missed it. but of course when i saw it IRL i called everywhere to get one. but still, i did know about the miroir line. but i guess it's possible many people are clueless, especially since the azur line was not at all plentiful when launched. i have only ever seen one other girl with an azur bag, and it was days before mine arrived in the mail. otherwise, the only bags i ever see are SOME damier, but always mono. don't think i have ever seen anyone carry real MC except for the little pochette - cheapest MC bag they make besides the discontinued sac.

I went shopping with my boyfriend after lunch, and I went into a shoe store and an Asian girl about my age was sitting down with her Damier Ebene Speedy 30. I was carrying my Azur pochette, and walked by in front of her to look at some shoes. She saw my pochette, and said to her mom in English in a soft but definitely hearable voice, "That's like my bag but LV doesn't even make bags in that colour!"

I was thinking wth are you talking about??? Obviously somebody isn't a true LV fan...:rolleyes:

I am missing something.. it sounds like she just didn't know the LV line.. perhaps she had minimal exposure? Sounds more like ignorance (hey.. I can be too) than her trying to insult you. Or perhaps I'm notsobright... :P I will leave it at that.

I would have taken the time to educate her, as some LV fans don't watch religiously as to what comes out but are only aware of what's available in the boutique at the time of their purchases. case in point: sophie

I am missing something.. it sounds like she just didn't know the LV line.. perhaps she had minimal exposure? Sounds more like ignorance (hey.. I can be too) than her trying to insult you. Or perhaps I'm notsobright... :P I will leave it at that.

I think if someone is ignorant about a brand and doesn´t have real knowledge that a certain line does not exist, he/she should not say it out loud to embarass the person carrying the line:shrugs: It´s rude.