The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart & The Colbert Report

Which show will you be voting for?

• The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart of course!

• The Colbert Report, *****.

• Neither, I'll be voting for a different show.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wild musings

Fake News Junkie
Mar 19, 2006
With all the TDS and TCR love around here, I'm surprised that there is no thread for them!

Well, I'll start off by congratulating both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report for being nominated for the Emmys! Way to go guys!

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report both received nominations for:
*Outstanding Directing For A Variety, Music Or Comedy Program
*Outstanding Variety Music Or Comedy Series
*Outstanding Writing For A Variety, Music Or Comedy Program.

The Colbert Report also received:
*Outstanding Individual Performance In A Variety Or Music Program. (credit to emmys.org)

Jon Stewart Crush #13

Stephen Colbert Crush #17

I think TDS has more staying power, TCR is more a half-hour long "routine" Love the Word though!

TCR, I think, is just as great as TDS. I can't say which one is better because I love both shows just as much ! Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are my geeky crushes since I love them for their wit as well as their looks :graucho: .

So glad you started this post wild musings. Huge fan of both shows here. I never miss one. If I think I might, I either record or catch the repeat the following day.

Stephen Colbert was my favorite correspondent on TDS, so naturally I had to follow him to his own show. :smile: TCR is a half hour extension of his schtick from TDS. My favorites are the Special Guest of the Evening at the end and when he interviews someone for Better Know a District.

Stephen was courageous and brilliant at the White House Correspondent . His monologue that evening was his best material, IMO.

layla said:
So glad you started this post wild musings. Huge fan of both shows here. I never miss one. If I think I might, I either record or catch the repeat the following day.

Stephen Colbert was my favorite correspondent on TDS, so naturally I had to follow him to his own show. :smile: TCR is a half hour extension of his schtick from TDS. My favorites are the Special Guest of the Evening at the end and when he interviews someone for Better Know a District.

Stephen was courageous and brilliant at the White House Correspondent . His monologue that evening was his best material, IMO.

Stephen Colbert definitely deserves recognition for his monologue at the White House Correspondents Dinner. That definitely took balls!
I also never miss a show, this week long break is just driving me crazy. Can't wait till Monday!

wild musings said:
Stephen Colbert definitely deserves recognition for his monologue at the White House Correspondents Dinner. That definitely took balls! I also never miss a show, this week long break is just driving me crazy. Can't wait till Monday!

I know the breaks are a bummer and I go through TDS and TCR withdrawal. Yay for tomorrow, June 10th! :smile:

I'm with you there layla! A couple of days this week I didn't even know the date since there was no Daily Show announcer guy to tell me what day it is :lol: I'm kidding... I think. ;)

On another note, Colbert is going to be on Late Night With Conan O'Brien on Wednesday! Remember this?

wild musings said:
I'm with you there layla! A couple of days this week I didn't even know the date since there was no Daily Show announcer guy to tell me what day it is :lol: I'm kidding... I think. ;)

On another note, Colbert is going to be on Late Night With Conan O'Brien on Wednesday! Remember this?

Sure do. Too funny! I guess the AP Corps thought when they invited Stephen to the White House Correspondents Dinner, they were getting the persona of Stephen Colbert from TCR. :lol: The joke was on them!

p.s. Great work from the AP Crack Research Team in screening their guest speaker for HRH - King George.