The Constant Struggle: One Bag or Two?

1. This seems to be an ongoing theme in my life.

I want to use just one bag at a time (less to keep up with), so it has to be big enough to handle an agenda and some other items, but then it gets so heavy that I end up using a smaller purse and then a larger bag or tote.

Now I have two bags to keep up with every time I'm out and about.

Anyone have an ideas about this?

Sometimes I think it's just better to carry a larger bag and then pull out a wristlet to use when I need to run inside somewhere.
  2. I'm a one at a time bag girl too. It's the only way I can afford it right now in my life. I use to lean more towards medium bags but they don't carry enough for me so I go for the more largeish bags, but not too large, and I like having the extra space in it for if I need to put in something last minute. I know a lot of girls here have tons of bags, I wouldn't know what to do with them all! I'd want to use them all at once so I just stick with one. =)
  3. I've been sticking with a large bag because when I use a smaller bag it ends up getting too stuffed.
  4. Have you tried the satchels? or the Mias? They look sooo roomy without the extra weight of hardware. I would look into those :smile:
  5. Sam,

Yes, I've looked at the satchels, which I like, but the arm-carry bags are tough for me since I have little kids. Can't keep up with them in public if my hands are full!

Thanks, though!
  6. I'd suggest the Signature stripe multi-function or large tote. It's very roomy, comfortable and not overwhelming.

If you don't like the style, try a large carly or a leather large gallery tote.

These are all comfy, roomy bags that you should love and that should suit your lifestyle-- they have been updated for this season with a longer drop so you can carry them on your shoulder! just my suggestions! :smile:
  7. I've been looking at the Carly for awhile and may end up with that bag. I love the large leather style. If they make it in a dark brown/chocolate leather, that'd be all it would take to make me snap it up!

Thanks for all the great advice. I think the Carly may be the answer to this dilemma.
  8. I'm a two-bagger. I carry a smaller purse which typically holds my wallet, palm PDA; cell phone, cosmetic case and keys. I also carry a tote bag to work that holds my umbrella, glasses, spare shoes (when necessary), lunch, hairspray, tape roller, etc. And, because I am a freak, my tote needs to coordinate with my purse so it can get a little expensive. There's no way I'd ever be able to carry one larger bag to hold it all so this is my only option.
  9. Have you considered a shoulder tote? They are light to begin with and not that heavy even with a lof of stuff in it. They have a comfortable shoulder strap and a good strap drop. I have plenty of room for my 4 x 7 agenda I just purchased. Just another suggestion:smile:
  10. i have that problem too i carry a large bag because i like to be able to put all my stuff in it too. And i use my wristlet when im about to get out and go to the store or something,
  11. I just like to use one large bag. I cannot carry two bags. Like you I have little ones and need to have my hands free to hold their hands and their stuff so satchels just don't do it for me as much as I like them. I also like the Carly but I don't like the colors it has been done in so far, would love a chocolate brown one. Presently I am using my Ergo Vintage tote and the Ergo Turquoise large Hobo. I don't use wristlets too much. I just run in to stores with my wallet.
  12. Unfortunately I have to carry a laptop back and forth to work, so I always have a backpack with me in addition to my purse.