The Conspiracy Theory Thread

1. :ninja: *** twilight zone theme playing *** :ninja:

I thought it would be fun and interesting to start a thread about conspiracy theories.

If you believe in a particular conspiracy theory- no matter how unusual, please post about it in this thread.

Please provide a LINK to a site or story about 'your' theory (if you can), a brief description about the event/theory, and also an explanation about WHY you believe it is true.

I'd prefer that the naysayers NOT get involved in trying to debate the various theories' validity... so please stay away from that if possible.

I just thought it would be fascinating to read about these theories and why folks think they are valid.

2. Ok, I'll go first. I don't believe Kurt Cobain committed suicide. I believe he was murdered.

The reasons are as follows: (from, which is a site run by the PI Courtney Love hired in 1993. He realized after he'd worked on the case for a while that something with the case was not right.)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COURTNEY LOVE WAS FACING A DIVORCE: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kurt was in the process of leaving Seattle and his wife Courtney, when he was found dead. Courtney knew Kurt wanted out of the marriage. Just weeks prior to his death, she asked one of her attorneys to get the "meanest, most vicious divorce lawyer" she could find.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SOMEONE WAS USING KURT'S CREDIT CARD:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] One of Kurt's credit cards was missing when his body was discovered. Someone was attempting to use the missing credit card after Cobain died, but the attempts stopped when his body was discovered.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COBAIN WAS IN FEAR OF HIS LIFE:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The shotgun found at the scene was purchased BEFORE Cobain left for rehab in Los Angeles, NOT AFTER he fled the rehab as reported by misinformed media sources.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The shotgun was fully loaded with three shells. It was purchased and loaded for protection, not suicide. The police claim there were no legible fingerprints on this shotgun! The truth is, the shotgun wasn't even checked for fingerprints until May 6th, nearly one month after Cobain's body was found.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THERE WAS NO "SUICIDE" NOTE: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The note found at the scene by the police was immediately labeled as a "suicide note." The police report states it was "apparently written by Cobain to his wife and daughter, explaining why he had killed himself.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] But this note was not addressed to Kurt's wife and daughter and it says nothing about "killing himself!" This note was clearly written to Cobain's fans telling them he was quitting the music business. There was only a short footnote to Courtney and Frances and the handwriting contained in those lines has been questioned by several handwriting experts. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COURTNEY HAD ANOTHER NOTE SHE KEPT IN SECRET:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Courtney was in possession of a second note after Kurt's body was found! SHE DIDN'T TELL ANYONE about this second note until several months later when information about it slipped out during an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The second note, the one that Courtney kept in secret, clearly defines the first note which was found at the scene of Cobain's death. The "second note" from Kurt plainlystates he was leaving Courtney and he was leaving Seattle. He was NOT leaving the planet! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KURT COBAIN WAS INJECTED WITH 3 TIMES A LETHAL DOSE OF HEROIN:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cobain's heroin, (morphine), blood level was 1.52 mgs per liter. This would require a minimum injection of 225 mgs of heroin, three times a lethal dose, even for a hardcore heroin addict! The drug Diazepam, was also found in Cobain's blood system.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THE OBVIOUS QUESTIONS:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. If Cobain injected himself with a deliberate heroin overdose, why would he ALSO shoot himself in the head with a shotgun, leaving his baby daughter - the love of his life - with horrific visual images to remember him by? Why not just "go to sleep" on the overdose and never wake up?[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

2. IF Cobain injected three times a lethal dose of heroin, COULD he then pick up a shotgun and shoot himself? Wouldn't he have been immediately incapacitated?
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Based on the heroin, (morphine), blood levels found in Cobain's body, preliminary research indicates Kurt Cobain would have been immediately incapacitated. He could not have picked [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] up that shotgun. He could not have pulled that trigger![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IN ADDITION...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cobain was not barricaded inside the room as reported by misinformed media sources.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The stool which was supposedly wedged" against the door was actually just sitting in front of the two unlocked doors that only led out to a balcony. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cobain did not leave his Driver’s License out for identification as reported by the media.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The first police officer on the scene found Cobain's closed wallet, opened it to remove Kurt's driver's license, and displayed it in order to take a photograph.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The police and the Medical Examiner have no forensic evidence that proves Cobain's death was a suicide. On the other hand, there's a substantial amount of evidence for murder.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The official verdict of "suicide" was simply a rush to judgement which eventually painted the authorities into a corner as reports of so-called "copy-cat" suicides began making the news.[/FONT]
  3. Hmmm.. interesting thread Roo. I can think of several, but I'll need time to gather the thoughts and information.

Probably the best one I maintain as a conspiricy theory was the "suicide/murder" of Marilyn Monroe.
  4. Elvis is alive! Ok, Im kidding. But, this is a very interesting thread. Ill be checking back often:yes:
  5. That was the second one on my list Speedy!
  6. ^^that's the first time I've heard of that conspiracy! :roflmfao:
  7. Well, sure it is. Way back when the Gods ruled, they invented giant steamrollers and they ran them all over Earth, to make it so when the humans revolted, they could be chased to the edge and fall over into oblivion into space. The conspiricy started because they poo-pooed the mass exodus as "The Dark Ages" and "The Plague".

Yes, it's the pills.
  8. Very interesting Roo. I was a huge Cobain fan and was devastated when I heard the news he had died. One of those events where I remember exactly what I was doing (riding on a bus).

Ohhhh what about Tupac is still alive?

I am a skeptic at I usually don't put much faith in conspiracy theories....but this thread should be very interesting!
  9. Interesting thread, ok here goes, I think that Marylin Monroe was murdered I don't think she killed herself. I think she was murdered because she knew a lot of private things about mr JFK, and when she was treated horribly by him and his family(Joe Kennedy), she threatened to expose Mr. JFK and co. and they found a way to get rid of her. There I said it:sweatdrop:
  10. Brilliant thread Roo! So many conspiracy theories that I believe in - agree with you on Kurt Cobain - Marilyn Monroe, JFK, even Benazir Bhutto etc. etc. but need to go find links first, maybe after my rotten flu abates!!
  11. That's pretty much the bolts and bones of what I was going to say. Her affair with JFK and RFK was too dangerous for the President... she knew bedroom secrets an unstable actress with addiction problems should not know. It's really easy to cover up something like this, after all, it was going to affect the (then) highest powers in the US!

Her last two phone calls were to Peter Lawford (married into the Kenndy Clan) and Bobby Kennedy. She didn't have enough of the sleeping pill in her system to cause death, and that one famous coronor, Thomas Naguchi (I think that's how it's spelled) testified when he saw the body, there was an unknown hyperdermic needle puncture in her elbow area.

With the phone calls however, I wonder if she knew she was going to die. Or at least she'd be kept from her boyfriends. One of the things she reportedly said to Peter Lawford was "Take care of yourself, you are a pretty nice guy." Sounds very "I'm never going to see you again" type of statement.

Per Roo's rules, I'll locate some links to back up what I've said. I'm running on memory and a life-long love of mysteries right now. :p
  12. This is a really good idea. I'll contribute later on.
  13. was it common knowledge at the time that Marilyn was sleeping with both JFK and his brother?
    so the fear was due to the possiblity that she was going to expose presidential secrets (which seems unlikely since she was just a mistress, JFK had soooo many mistresses and I doubt he'd reveal anything to them) or that she was going to reveal her affairs and tarnish their reputations??
  14. One of my favourite, meaning 'out there' conspiracy theories is that man never went to the moon.

I was very young, I remember that night... it was so exciting, but according to the conspiracy theorists, it was just a set decoration by NASA. There were no stars visible, there should have been, but NASA didn't have the ability to "fake" the stars in a believable way, so they left them out.

Also the photographs show the astronauts erecting a rippling flag on the moon, but there is no breeze on the moon, so why is the flag rippling and bending?

The moon's surface during the day becomes so hot that the film in the camera would have melted.

Anyway, as I said, I remember that night, even though I was a kid, so reading about this as a conspiracy theory is really wacky, but fun too.