The confusion between Cognac and Chocolate Spy Bags

fendihunter

Wife,mom,purse hog!
O.G.
Sep 28, 2006
Since I got my Cognac Spy bag, I've noticed a few things. When I'm indoors, the bag looks much darker. Once I'm outside in the sun, the bag looks exactly like I pictured Cognac would look like. In the shade it's darker again, bit I mean darker different (not like dark chocolate, but like milk chocolate). I know this happens with many bags when placed under different lighting conditions, but due to the discussions in this sub-forum regarding the confusion between Cognac and Chocolate (dark drown), I thought I'd post my pics of the bag under various lighting conditions to illustrate my point. For those trying to decide which brown they'd prefer, I think Cognac can offer a bit of both worlds (light and dark) for brown bag lovers. Don't fret too much if you find it difficult to locate a Chocolate Spy. The Cognac is just as good.

Inside without flash (chocolate/zucca baby spy for comparison):
attachment.php

Inside with flash:
attachment.php

Outside in the sun:
attachment.php

Outside in the shade:
attachment.php

Wow! What a gorgeous bag. Thanks so much for sharing those pics-- I was actually thinking about how Cognac might show up in different lighting... You read my mind! :P

R - that chocolate spy is 2007, so shiny & really dark (the finish has changed this year). I like it...sort of like a black purse with a bit of different color....very neutral with a splash :nuts:

uhhhhhhhhhh so not that I mean to be annoying, but just to clarify, is the brown on the zucca/nappa spys chocolate or some other color? I had wondered that but it doesn't look like from the pictures I've seen of chocolate and my zucca in real life. lol sorry..:shame:

Hey Baglady have you managed to sold your Fendi spy bag Black?:smile: I been wanting one for ages,right now have to save to get one,but i really fell in love with your black spy and wished i could afford it any colour,choclate looks yummy too.

uhhhhhhhhhh so not that I mean to be annoying, but just to clarify, is the brown on the zucca/nappa spys chocolate or some other color? I had wondered that but it doesn't look like from the pictures I've seen of chocolate and my zucca in real life. lol sorry..:shame:
It's dark brown (chocolate). The colors are stated on the authenticity cards and my two spys have different names- cognac for the cognac spy (duh) and moro for the leather on the zucca/leather baby spy.

I have to say I like cognac much better than dark brown. Good luck on your choice. You really can't go wrong since the spy is a great design.

^^ Oh I know that chocolate is the darker one, I was just wondering if the brown on the zucca/nappa was chocolate or some other shade that doesn't exist in regular spys. I had been wondering that but then I read Lo14's post: And the baby spy is in chocolate right? and you nodded yes....so I'm assuming it is?:confused1:

^^ Oh I know that chocolate is the darker one, I was just wondering if the brown on the zucca/nappa was chocolate or some other shade that doesn't exist in regular spys. I had been wondering that but then I read Lo14's post: And the baby spy is in chocolate right? and you nodded yes....so I'm assuming it is?:confused1:

Knee hi -- yes it is...on auth cards its called "moro". On the 2006 & 2005 bags, the brown (chocolate) does not look as dark as my 2007 choco in the photo, I think the new finish coat Fendi is using now darkens it a bit...very pretty! :graucho: