The Color Seigle: Not brown but taupe?!

Mine is brown like pinestraw.

007-17.jpg

002-27.jpg

Are you sure you did not get bois de rose or last years sahara by mistake?

Honestly, I am really new to Balenciaga. I have admired for a long time, but I didn't research the colors enough to know.

But I showed Amanda, who is a Balenciaga lover, over video chat and she thinks it looks totally taupe too. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy!

I promise to have Vlad take pics tonight/tomorrow to show you all!

Megs - I have Seigle, too, and TMitch's description is true. It is like coffee with cream. I don't see any grey or pink in mine. I looked at all of my pics; however, and none of them show the color accurately. If you can get some good pictures posted, those of us who have it should be able to help. My bag does look pretty close to the picture on Bal.com, though.

Megs - I have Seigle, too, and TMitch's description is true. It is like coffee with cream. I don't see any grey or pink in mine. I looked at all of my pics; however, and none of them show the color accurately. If you can get some good pictures posted, those of us who have it should be able to help. My bag does look pretty close to the picture on Bal.com, though.

Mine most def does not look brown with cream at all. I am really jealous, because that is the color I thought I was getting and wanted!!

I would love to see this mystery bag up for discussion. My Seigle is very much a tan, much like a cafe au lait as tmitch had once described it. No gray at all.

I promise to upload lots of pictures, but I am having Vlad take them so it will be as true to color as possible (since he is good at doing that).

I'm kind of thinking I might not have the right bag color?!

^^ I'm thinking so too.... perhaps. But the BDR (Rose) of this season is very much a light pink. And the Sahara is very much a light beige which is much lighter than Seigle. I'm so curious as to what bag this could actually be!

Sure there is color variation from different batches but surely they can't be that different from each other.

OMG! Maybe you got NOIX from last season?! A minky taupe with *maybe* some undertones of gray??? I LOVE Noix! I understand this however is not the color you wished for but I would be so jealous if you "accidentally" got sent a brand new Noix, lol! *faints.

^^ I'm thinking so too.... perhaps. But the BDR (Rose) of this season is very much a light pink. And the Sahara is very much a light beige which is much lighter than Seigle. I'm so curious as to what bag this could actually be!

Sure there is color variation from different batches but surely they can't be that different from each other.

OMG! Maybe you got NOIX from last season?! A minky taupe with *maybe* some undertones of gray??? I LOVE Noix! I understand this however is not the color you wished for but I would be so jealous if you "accidentally" got sent a brand new Noix, lol! *faints.

I really am just utterly confused. I keep looking at the bag and I don't see any brown at all - no brown. It is gray with pink undertones.

Don't get me wrong, it is not that the color is not beautiful and the leather is not amazing - it is just not what I expected or wanted!

Hi Megs it really sounds like you did not get a Seigel bag. I have city with and would describe it as light brown (or coffee with cream as others have described it). No grey or pink undertones. Do you have the tags with the color codes...in the meantime while we wait we can see if the color code is Seigel or perhaps another color? I'm not very good with the tags but maybe someone else here can help if you post the #'s on the tag. May want to also check the Reference threads for more info.

Hai megs I'm so curious of ur bag due to my next wish list is seigle in city RH. I'm very sorry too if this bag not as u expected. Hope to see them here soon

I really am just utterly confused. I keep looking at the bag and I don't see any brown at all - no brown. It is gray with pink undertones.

Don't get me wrong, it is not that the color is not beautiful and the leather is not amazing - it is just not what I expected or wanted!

I tend to agree with Megs.

I saw what is 100% a Seigle City in-store two days ago: one with RGGH and one with RH. Both definitely look mushroom to me - meaning, no honey or warm undertones whatsoever, and not what I was hoping for (so I passed on it, as I was after a bag that belongs more in the tan family). It is definitely a cool-toned colour in the batch I have seen.

I just went over my pics of Seigle and they look more brown/tan than what is was irl. I agree with others that this color is shifty when photographed. But there was brown in it but also seemed like taupe as well. Boy, I feel for you. Really want to see the pics.