The Chelsea Handler Show

1. Does anyone else watch this on E!?

She is sooooo funny!! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in a show!!! :roflmfao: I love how she completely makes fun of herself.
  2. Yep, I've caught a few she's horribly crude, but funny! Have you read her book?
  3. She's hilarious! I haven't seen her new show on E! yet but I used to watch her on Girls Behaving Badly on Oxygen Channel. She's so funny!:lol:
  4. She has a book?
  5. Her book is called "My Horizontal Life" and it's supposed to be about her adventures in the bedroom!!
  6. Yeah she make sex comments quite often but she's funny.
  7. It took me a while to pay attention to this show, since she is reported to be the girlfriend of some high muckety-muck at E!, for some time, I allowed prejudice to dictate my viewing choices, and I'm sorry I did that, not only because it is not compliant with my personal standards of behavior, but because I did Chelsea a disservice, and myself a greater one.

On a couple of occasions, a thing or two in her material has offended me, which in its own way I guess you could call a pretty damn big accomplishment, but the main thing, the important thing is - Chelsea Handler is funny.

She is funny enough to make me stop whatever else I am doing or thinking and laugh out loud, and I am having a hard time thinking of another contemporary comedian who can do that.

For me, the best parts of her show are her monologuette, and her banter with her "panel" of the night, and Chuy, who gets my vote for bestest.talkshow.sidekick.ever.

Because her show is only a half hour, every segment seems sort of truncated, which I grumbled about until I realized that she is actually following Stand-Up Comedy Rule Number One: Always leave 'em wanting more. Well, she does that, and she does it very well.

The "panel" typically consists of guest comedians and sometimes a reporter or host or something from E!, and while Chelsea is clearly running the ship, she consistently makes even the less funny guests appear funnier than they usually are.

When I noticed that I had begun Tivoiding episodes of her show, so I wouldn't miss them, I realized that although there are some subjects on which we would never agree, I like Chelsea Handler. She is funny, and if I knew her in real life, I would call her up and invite her and Chuy over to join Mr Puff and me for an evening of watching bad TV and declaiming our opinions loudly at the screen.
  8. I love Chelsea and Chuey! My favorite episode was when Chelsea and Chuey were doing a tightrope walking skit! They were wearing matching pink leotards with tu-tus! I nearly died.

I think she's hysterically funny. I love to see who she's going to have on the panel too. Great show!:tup:
  9. I love Chelsea Lately!! She is hilarious.
  10. I love her too! I have thought she was hilarious since the Girls Behaving Badly days. I try to catch the show when I can, but I know I miss more than I watch.
  11. I absolutely love Chelsea Handler. I'm not sure how I ended up watching, but Chelsea Lately is the only talk show I try to regularly catch. I like the panel and her interviews are usually interesting. Sometimes she seems really unhappy about interviewing certain people. Like Tila Tequila, for example. (Or that's what I saw) :shrugs:

And Chuy is awesome. :tup:
  12. LOVE Chelsea and am dying to read her book "Are Your There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea"
  13. I love Chelsea and her show. She's funniest woman on t.v.!
  14. It took me a while to tune into CH as well. I am admittedly hooked.
  15. Love love love her show, I think she's hilarious and I appreciate her candor about her sexual escapades. She's also a really funny writer - her latest book has already been mentioned, but she previously wrote one called "My Horizontal Life" that's quite entertaining.