the chanel curse...

I bought my Chanel and my LVs in one shopping spree, so I love all my bags and carry them equally. However, the feeling I got in the Chanel store when the SA found my bag and wrapped it up was incredibly good! Even though the service and overall experience was better in Vuitton, the feeling I got in Chanel was just really wonderful and I'm hoping to be able to buy another Chanel this summer so that I can feel it again :love:

I recently came across this forum and thought it was pretty cool. At first, breezed through different posts w/o posting any threads or replies. Now, I find myself going in everyday to see the latest and greatest.

Chanel has such disctinct line. Something for everyone.

Not long ago I was completely mesmerized by LV. I thought once I got one, I would get the designer handbag bug out of my system, and it would be over. Nah. I am now mesmerized by Chanel. I am looking forward to getting one (haven't decided which one I "need" yet...) but I am a little nervous about where I'll go from there. I agree w/ Swanky - I really don't think I could ever be an Hermes girl... just don't care for the bags, and really can't justify those prices. However I used to think $1-2000 for a purse was freakin' CRAZY, but I don't feel that way anymore either.

Crap. This addiction is deadly!

I still like my LV, just not as much now I have Chanel. Don't think I'll be an Hermes girl, either- a tad boring and used mainly for the status. But I could never even look at Gucci or Fendi etc now, this will sound snobby, but for those prices, I feel that the quality is inferior.

That is so true! It's exactly what happened with me! I started off buying Prada, then Gucci and then LV. Once I bought my first Chanel bag I was hooked - I don't look at anything else. The Birkin is the only non-Chanel bag I'm currently obsessed with and that's still a while away.

The thing about Chanel is they arent only beautiful but very functional and easy to carry. I cant say the same for a lot of LV styles. I still have a lot of LV but most of them I carry because they are nice looking but are kind of a burden to carry (short handles, bulky bags, heavy, too rigid, etc). Even my Hermes Birkin bag. Its a tad heavy at times and not so easy to carry like all of my Chanel bags I own.

i am definitely bitten by the chanel bug --i am pacing and stalking my front door right now waiting on my first chanel to arrive....i even tested my doorbell to make sure it worked, so i would not miss the ups man!:nuts: ....bf thinks i'm crazy! as soon as i get my new babies (have two and some accessories on the way), i'll post some pics....meanwhile, i'm soaking up the knowledge....

I was into LV for about 3 months after purchasing a damier speedy and a popincourt Haut, 2 very functional bags. After that, I discovered the world of CHANEL. A world of class and understated glamour! After 5 bags, I am stuck since! I'm into Chanel more than ever and I love the style/colors and hardwares. Most of my Chanels aren't blatantly Chanel either, very discreet and those in the know can only recognize it's a Chanel.
I gave Gucci a chance for awhile through the purchase of 1 gorgeous Guccissima wallet, but as snobby as it sounds, I won't buy any Gucci, Fendi (spys? YUCK!), or LV (unless it is a Suhali, although I find the excessive hardware is tacky) and will be loyal to Chanel.

I promised myself to get an Hermes Birkin only when I'm 27. I will keep it!!

We don't have a store that carries Chanel bags in the city I live in, so it's more difficult for me to get my hands on them. :sad: Chanel is one of my absolute favorites, though!!!

I still carry my Balenciaga bags--they are more casual than the Chanel bags I have. I also have a few other bags--one Prada and one Miu Miu--and I really like them a lot too!

I'm loving Chanel more and more and want to focus my attention on Chanel bags (except for a Fendi spy bag) & maybe one day Hermes. I used to LOVE Louis Vuitton bags beyond anything else out there, but my love is fading. I'm still going to hold onto them since I love the ones I have, but I want to sell some of my MJs, Fendis, Mulberry, & Pradas.

YOU are hilarious!!!!!!!:roflmfao:

are crazy women hilarious? then, i'm hilarious:wlae: ...i got it at 5pm and he did not even use the doorbell!!:yahoo:
it's beautiful! i am completely over the moon happy! i will post pics when i get a few other goodies in this week since this is the start of my collection..it's humble, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?