The Blue Baca I bought - FAKE!!!

I suggest sending your bag to lovinmybag and having it restored to it's original splendor. She does more than just cleanings but color restoration and can make that baby look brand new.

I would NOT try cleaning it myself as cleaners affect the ph of the leather, Barbara from lovin' told me that. Cleaning is NOT going to do alot for that bag but coloring it will. Only you can decide if you want to put more money in that bag or not.

Why not contact her by phone first and just talk with her. She will know the blue Baca and what color it should be, she worked on mine.

I suggest sending your bag to lovinmybag and having it restored to it's original splendor. She does more than just cleanings but color restoration and can make that baby look brand new.

I would NOT try cleaning it myself as cleaners affect the ph of the leather, Barbara from lovin' told me that. Cleaning is NOT going to do alot for that bag but coloring it will. Only you can decide if you want to put more money in that bag or not.

Why not contact her by phone first and just talk with her. She will know the blue Baca and what color it should be, she worked on mine.

I was actually thinking about doing just that. I used a little bit of cleaner/conditioner on it, and it didn't really do anything. I really looked the bag over today in the daylight, and the difference in color is HUGE! I don't know if this bag is faded or just VERY dirty. You can still see the original shade of blue under the straps, tabs, and the bottom part of the shoulder strap - but the rest of the bag has this grey-ish tint to it. When I first got it, I thought the bag had a denim look to it, but I don't know - it might just look dirty.

Do you know approx how much she charges for restoration? I know each bag is different, but at least it would give me an idea & decide if it's worth it. I was also thinking about contacting the seller, but I don't want her to think I'm crazy - first I called her & said that the bag wasn't authentic. We talked for a while and she was extremely nice & understanding - then when I learned the bag WAS authentic, I contacted her right away to let her know. The reason I was thinking about contacting her, is because she never mentioned how faded/dirty the bag was.
She referred to "a few small minor spots on the outside bottom" and when I contacted her, she said it was in pretty excellent condition - she actually rated it a B+/A-. It's no where near that great of shape. Plus, once I found the original listing where she bought it from, the original seller mentioned that it was faded. Since she never used the bag & it's essentially in the same condition as it was when she recd it, I feel she should have revealed that. I can understand now why she bought it for $99 (and no one else bid), but I paid $225, and I don't know if I would have knowing how dirty/faded it really was.

That's why I wonder if it's worth sending it to Lovin My Bags - I'm thinking about buying a new one anyhow from Revolve (I still have my 30% new customer discount), so I don't know if I should spend anymore money on a second-hand bag. I mean, can she get the bag looking brand new (or close to it), or does she just clean it up and even out the color?

If you are unhappy with the bag you could see if the seller would let you return it.

Otherwise why keep a bag you won't use. Put some money into it, my guess it could be anywhere around $100-200 to recolor it and it will look as good as new. Talk with Barbara on the phone, she is great and will talk you through things.

If you are unhappy with the bag you could see if the seller would let you return it.

Otherwise why keep a bag you won't use. Put some money into it, my guess it could be anywhere around $100-200 to recolor it and it will look as good as new. Talk with Barbara on the phone, she is great and will talk you through things.

I'm not unhappy w/it necessarily - as I've said before, I don't mind previously used handbags. I've been considering a Baca bag for a while now, but always thought it might be too small for me. I even thought about getting the Big Baca. This is a good "test run" and a good bag for "knockin" around. I just don't know if I would have paid that much knowing it's condition - I mean, if she paid $99 for it, she HAD to have known the condition had something to do w/it (which makes me wonder if that's why her pics were so unclear and why she never sent any more) - I might have paid $150 for a bag like this, but not over $200. And if it's another $200 to restore it - I could buy a brand new bag from Revolve for just a little more than that, which is why I don't know if it's worth it (if I had paid $99-150, I wouldn't think twice about restoration - but having paid $240 (incl s/h), I don't know if I want to pay nearly as much as I paid for the bag to restore it) - Do you have the link to her website?