The best VALUE and BANG-FOR-YOUR-BUCK bags

For high end designer, I'd say the classics from Louis Vuitton are worth investing in, such as a speedy or a neverfull. And the price isn't too bad, compared to other brands.

If you're aiming high, go for the signature bags from each fashion house ( that appeal to you), such as the Chanel classic flap, Lady Dior, Hermes birkin/Kelly/Constance .

They have all stood the test of time and and are still popular. They won't date and you'll use them for ever. Remember cost per wear!

Avoid 'it' bags at all costs, high demand followed by low resale value, once you're bored if the bag, because everyone has it.

For other brands, go for quality leather/fabric and a style that fits your lifestyle (be honest with your self! ) and you'll love using it.

The Cambridge satchels are well made, funky colours and youthful.

Radley bags are well made for classic shapes.

Both brands are reasonably priced.

Words of wisdom..very good advice to avoid expensive mistakes.:tup:

I'd say in collection I use my medium size Longchamp La Paglia the most! Absolute favorite, use almost everyday! Then my Marc by Marc Jacobs lil Ukita! Everything else is simply for show.

Agree with this. My Frank Clegg bag is absolutely amazing and I intend to get another. They are phenomenal leather, highest quality. I also have a Lotuff Leather tote that is tremendous. Both are excellent values for less than $1K, and are much better made than many high end designer bags I've had. I also adore the lack of hardware and logos.

Thanks for sharing these brands! I have never heard of them before, but I love what I see on both their sites. Google tells me at one point, it was Lotuff&Clegg as one brand - it makes sense why their designs are so similar now. The leather looks amazing in the pictures.

I have been researching purses to get for my fiance. A lady on Purseforum recommended Brahmin to me. I ended up buying a Glossy Pecan Melbourne Arnot Medium tote bag for her for Christmas. My fiance was very happy with the bag and we took a vacation to NYC and she shopped in many of the fancy designer stores while carrying the bag. I don't think it is just flattery but several sales associates from many stores like Burberry, Ferragamo, Coach complimented her on the purse. I like it as well and think it is a pretty good purse. Brahmin usually gets good reviews for durability as well as looks.

I have been researching purses to get for my fiance. A lady on Purseforum recommended Brahmin to me. I ended up buying a Glossy Pecan Melbourne Arnot Medium tote bag for her for Christmas. My fiance was very happy with the bag and we took a vacation to NYC and she shopped in many of the fancy designer stores while carrying the bag. I don't think it is just flattery but several sales associates from many stores like Burberry, Ferragamo, Coach complimented her on the purse. I like it as well and think it is a pretty good purse. Brahmin usually gets good reviews for durability as well as looks.

Good choice! They have beautiful bags

Just pulled out my Rioni Boston bag and falling in love with it all over again. I love how well designed it is and that I don't have to worry about all the rain we're getting when I carry it. I also love that I never see anyone else with this bag. I see people staring at it and trying to figure out what it is.

I suggest a Balenciaga. Their collections of handbags are varied, from sleek leather bags or something wild and daring such as their motorcycle-inspired handbag group. One that is a good size and is well worth the money for quality is the City bag. The City´s shape is a retrofit from Balenciaga´s original motorcycle hobo but is not overwhelming in size. It comes in a variety of colors too.

I would add Dooney & Bourke Alto line to the list. While I haven't purchased one recently, the quality looks like it hasn't changed and is still an excellently made bag. I also admire the Coach Legacy line of bags. I would say these two companies give you the most bang for your buck!

Considering our weather in Canada, snow and rain, my two leather Coach bags stay home most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I like my orange leather Madison tote but it's in the dust bag in the closet. Will only use it to give a pop of colour to an outfit when it's sunny outside :smile:

That is why I just bought a Longchamp and a LV Speedy Damier 35. I feel that I can go out with these bags without ruining them.

I also agree with others that Roots had durable quality bags in Canada.