The Bbag Chat Room

Hi,

Unfortunately cant start a thread so will post here. I am looking at buying the bag pictured for my wife and have some questions please.

There seems to be a lot of very similar bags online like classic, metallic city, giant city, metallic city s, then one with a 12 in the name. Could someone explain the differences please? When we measured the bag size she liked it was 30x20cm to help you give advice. I do like the metallic over the classic as it just has a bit more feature.

I see some also with long bits of leather hanging from the zip which I'm not a fan of, which one comes with that feature?

In the picture the bag is very upright do they all slouch in reality when a bit older?

Finally is there any logo? If not I get that as I have a JLC rather than a Rolex so just curious but maybe you expect people in the know to know what brand it is?

Thanks a lot

http://www.balenciaga.com/gb/metallic-edge-handbag_cod45310504xx.html

Attachments

• 45310504xx_12_n_f.jpg
    45310504xx_12_n_f.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 284
Hi,

Unfortunately cant start a thread so will post here. I am looking at buying the bag pictured for my wife and have some questions please.

There seems to be a lot of very similar bags online like classic, metallic city, giant city, metallic city s, then one with a 12 in the name. Could someone explain the differences please? When we measured the bag size she liked it was 30x20cm to help you give advice. I do like the metallic over the classic as it just has a bit more feature.

I see some also with long bits of leather hanging from the zip which I'm not a fan of, which one comes with that feature?

In the picture the bag is very upright do they all slouch in reality when a bit older?

Finally is there any logo? If not I get that as I have a JLC rather than a Rolex so just curious but maybe you expect people in the know to know what brand it is?

Thanks a lot

http://www.balenciaga.com/gb/metallic-edge-handbag_cod45310504xx.html

OK, a short(ish) crash course on the City bag. The classic City has smooth studs on the bag front, which traditionally were distressed brass but now come in various finishes (silver, gold, palladium). The classic City is the one that comes with the long leather tassels. The giant City, or G21, is no longer made. It has the large studs that have crosshatching on them and no tassels, but rather a leather tab on the zipper head. It was replaced some years ago with the G12, which has the same type of crosshatching on the studs but they're a smaller size. If you're looking for a new bag, you won't be finding a G21 so you can cross that one off your list. The photo you included is the metallic City, which has the metallic edging around the buckle details and the small face plate in the centre of the bag. There is another style with no hardware on the front at all known as the blackout, with holes where the hardware would have been, but I'm assuming you're not interested in that based on your photo. There's also a metal plate City, where, rather than the metallic edging, the entire buckle area and face plate are metal. This style does have a logo on front, whereas the rest don't. I've always though that one of the attractive things about Balenciaga was the lack of shouty logos!
The City comes in three sizes...the mini, the City Small, and the regular size. Judging by your measurements it looks like the regular, or largest, size. DO NOT go by the measurements on the Balenciaga website, they don't seem to translate metric to imperial and it can be very confusing. But it could be helpful to go onto the Bal website just to look at the different styles.
All City bags will slouch to a degree over time, but the type of leather will dictate just how much (and don't forget the bags are stuffed for photos). Lambskin will probably have more slouch compared to calfskin...your best bet would be to talk to a good sales assistant when it comes to leather type and style, or to have your wife go and feel the leathers and decide what she likes best.
You also may find that some of the styles/sizes have a longer or shorter strap. There are also some boutiques where you can order a longer strap in some of the basic colours (I think they're still available, not sure). Hope this helps, anyone else please feel free to add or correct anything!

Questions for all you Bal-lers (see what I did there, lol): Is Fall/Winter 2016 Collection not getting marked down? I haven't seen any of the RTW pieces or bags (Bazar Collection especially) on sale anywhere.

I think I put this in the wrong thread.. hopefully this is the right one!!

Hi ladies!! I've been reading about balenciaga for the past 2 weeks.. I've never bought one and of course now that the prices are ridiculous, I want one :sad: I've read so many posts about goat versus lamb and I'm a bit worried about spending $2.5k on a bag that won't last (I don't sell my bags). Can you please give me your thoughts on this one? I really like the colour and how understated it is with the aged brass hardware but it's not available in store so I'd have to get it online. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!! Happy holidays!!
:heart:
http://www.holtrenfrew.com/store/holt/ProductDetail/Classic-City-Shoulder-Bag/_/A-sku-sku220028.prod260025.en__US.HOLT#selSkuID=Fossil Grey&size=