The Bbag Chat Room

Just received my beautiful Bleu Cobalt Mini Pompon, but I'm wondering how much distressing is too much. The leather is so dry on the handles and bottom that the veins are white (the rest is gorgeous). I know that leather appearance is a question of personal taste, but I wonder if the whiteness will go away as I wear it or condition it or if for that price I shouldn't even have to ask myself that kind of question. What do you think? I love the style/color combo, but still.

I am so sorry. Especially the bottom looks really used. I had the same with a bag I found in oue boutique. I don't know if they had it in the windows for long or what but it looked 4 years old at least. I am sure it will not show that white veiny if you put cream or leather honey on it but I wouldn't. If I were you I would send it back instead of experimenting.

I am so sorry. Especially the bottom looks really used. I had the same with a bag I found in oue boutique. I don't know if they had it in the windows for long or what but it looked 4 years old at least. I am sure it will not show that white veiny if you put cream or leather honey on it but I wouldn't. If I were you I would send it back instead of experimenting.

Thanks for the response. I suppose I should send it back but I can't make up my mind. I wonder if I should request an exchange for exactly the same bag, just another one, at Bal online.

Thanks for the response. I suppose I should send it back but I can't make up my mind. I wonder if I should request an exchange for exactly the same bag, just another one, at Bal online.

Yes I think that's what you should do. Exchange it for the same and explain why so that the don't send you the same or similar thing.

Hey everyone!
I registered a long time ago but here's my first legitimate question to every Balenciaga lover out there so...

I'm a student and it took me a while, but I saved enough money to buy myself a Balenciaga Clip M (but it might as well be a L, I haven't made up my mind yet) from the official site. The fact is, I don't really know what color would be best. I was leaning towards Black at the beginning, obviously, but in my opinion the leather looks kind of odd in that color. It looks like faux leather.
So I thought, Anthracite would look good, right? But some pictures from bloggers I found online show Anthracite as a totally different color (much lighter) than the one I saw on the site.

Thoughts? What's a neutral, good looking color? It would be my first Bal and even though it's not crazy expensive, I want to get it right :smile:

Thanks in advance to everyone!

PS: I'm a boy and I'm not much flamboyant, so no Poppy or Azure :biggrin:

Hey everyone!
I registered a long time ago but here's my first legitimate question to every Balenciaga lover out there so...

I'm a student and it took me a while, but I saved enough money to buy myself a Balenciaga Clip M (but it might as well be a L, I haven't made up my mind yet) from the official site. The fact is, I don't really know what color would be best. I was leaning towards Black at the beginning, obviously, but in my opinion the leather looks kind of odd in that color. It looks like faux leather.
So I thought, Anthracite would look good, right? But some pictures from bloggers I found online show Anthracite as a totally different color (much lighter) than the one I saw on the site.

Thoughts? What's a neutral, good looking color? It would be my first Bal and even though it's not crazy expensive, I want to get it right :smile:

Thanks in advance to everyone!

PS: I'm a boy and I'm not much flamboyant, so no Poppy or Azure :biggrin:

I would try Anthracite if I were you. It is not that lighter than black. I have both black and anthra in four bags two and two. Anthra is definitely my favorite as it goes with everything. So that is my advice to you. Also have in mind that Anthra is a unique color not one easily found or replicated as it is not simply grey. It is a chameleon color which looks different depending on the lighting. I hope I have been of some help:smile:

I would try Anthracite if I were you. It is not that lighter than black. I have both black and anthra in four bags two and two. Anthra is definitely my favorite as it goes with everything. So that is my advice to you. Also have in mind that Anthra is a unique color not one easily found or replicated as it is not simply grey. It is a chameleon color which looks different depending on the lighting. I hope I have been of some help:smile:
Ooh, I see. That's probably why it seemed different in every picture I found online. I'll go for Anthracite then, thank you very much! :biggrin:

Hello everyone I'm a newbie here in the Bal forum. I started a thread with this question, but no luck yet.

I just received my first part time and it's brand new and the tags that come with the bag say 2010. Is this normal?

Hello everyone I'm a newbie here in the Bal forum. I started a thread with this question, but no luck yet.

I just received my first part time and it's brand new and the tags that come with the bag say 2010. Is this normal?

Yes, it is normal. Here in Greece we have older bags like yours which are brand new of course (with the current price, unfortunatelly). It also depends on the color. I ordered a Cyclamen last month which was older color but the bag was brand new. This is actually good when you need a color out of the current season.:smile:

Yes, it is normal. Here in Greece we have older bags like yours which are brand new of course (with the current price, unfortunatelly). It also depends on the color. I ordered a Cyclamen last month which was older color but the bag was brand new. This is actually good when you need a color out of the current season.:smile:

Thanks for your response.

Where in the tag can I find the color of the bag? In pictures in looks black in real life it looks different

Hi everyone, I just got my first bbag in Coq and I love the color! However, the leather is really fragile. Do I have to worry about fading? And how long can a bbag last? I'm not gonna use it everyday.