The bag you desire vs the good deal

I try to save but end up spending on a "great deal" sometimes. Some of my most loved bags were "great deal" items. I tend to use bags that I got for a great price more and am less worried about them. My full-price bbags only saw the light of day once.

If I need a bag *right now* I will go for the incredible deal, but continue to save for the dream bag. Otherwise, if I didn't need any bags at the moment, I would continue to save for the dream bag.

I will admitt that I am a sucker for a good deal! I frequent the Coach outlet around holidays for the outlet sale, now mind you I don't freak out over everything in the store but usually there is something to be found there. Now what I desire *sigh* is a LV Manhattan PM...I have the $ but I'm having such a hard time parting with SO MUCH $$$ for a purse! Quite the dilema, anyways, I'm sure I will ponder it for a long time, or I'll just keep going for the good deals! :graucho:

I have to admit, I'm all about the deal. I would love to have a Popincourt Haute, but I just can't spend $900 for a bag. I haunt the Coach outlets, TJ Maxx, etc. and snap up good deals. I found a Marc Jacobs buckle satchel (retail 1195) for 190 at a TJ Maxx. Definitely not what I was looking for, but it came home with me, I just couldn't resist. I get more of a charge out of getting a steal -- like the Cole Haan satchel in white I found for $70 at TJM. The way I shop, I could end up with anywhere from 5-9 bags for what the Popincourt would run. And I probably would be afraid to use it! LOL Oh, my latest thing is sunglasses -- Ray Ban Wayfarers for $20, YSL for $25, stuff like that.

i find that if i am patient enough, after a few seasons, my dream bag actually goes on sale! this just happened with a chloe edith. i really loved this bag when it debuted, but it was way out of my league considering i was a full time student, and not making much $$...i just started cleaning out my closet and downsized my bag collection...and now with the help of several lovely ladies from TPF, i scored one!

I try to save up for the "dream bag". However, I always fall victim to the sparkle of a great bag FOR a great deal.

I save and save for weeks, then once I reach a certain amount, I fool myself into thinking I can take a small side trip over to a great steal, then continue the journey onto dream-land. You might as well rename this thread "Hayden-Harnett derails the train to Marc Jacobs-ville" for me.

Le sigh.

LOL! :roflmfao: Isn't that the truth! I'm sitting on that train with ya, though my stop is Bottega Veneta!

i will get my dream bag...i rather get the bag i really wanted then settle for the good deal b/c i would always think about the dream bag and in the long run be unhappy with the bag i settled for

I have been lured by the great deal, but have regretted it every time. I would rather save for my dream bag than know I am carrying my second choice.

I don't really have a dream bag. There are plenty I would love if money were no object but I don't generally allow myself to dream about things I don't stand a chance of one day getting! Instead I look for bags I like, if I find them at a good price or on sale then I get them where possible.
I find it literally impossible to justify spending the amount equal to a 'payment' on a bag, so I'm not about to spend an amount as high a mortgage payment or even a car payment on one thing. I have a husband and a child, and responsibilities. I'd rather put $1,000 in a college fund than into LV's hands.
Because it's not as if I'd stop looking at other bags once I got a 'dream bag', I'd still want more. So this way I can have all the bags I want without sacrificing elsewhere. And I do only buy bags I really love, even if they are on sale. I see bargains all the time on bags I don't love, but if I don't gotta have it then I don't get it.

For me it jsut depends on what the good deal is. If it is just to good to pass up (like the last 2 bags I just bought) then it doesn't make sense not to. I just have to remind myself that if I keep saving, I can have something that makes me feel just as good. But sometimes it is fun to have a few distractions on your way to your goal! :P

A bit of both for me. If I see a bag I really like, I wait and wait for a sale, coupon code, or pick it up in used (but good) condition. I just can't make myself pay retail.