The baby Wipes Process: Updating as Process continues

1. Hi all,
    well I am about to take the plunge and baby wipe the handles of the cerises speedy I just bought.
    Since there are sooo many questions about it on this forum...I thought I'd post pics as the process goes on.

I have the speedy and I bought a 16 pack of Huggies Natural Care wipes. No alcohol with natural aloe.

I will post before pics in a moment...and then post pics immediately after 1st application, an hour later, etc.

2. I appreciate it. I plan to pick up some Pampers wipes with aloe (as recommended by Irene) to try out.

3. Before pics are uploading (I may have to run outside for more natural light)...crossing my fingers this batch turns out.
    I should also add that there are a couple marks on the tabs below the handles...and I'm going to wipe those too.

4. ugh...need to go outside and take pics...sorry for delay ladies!

5. where did Irene recommend that?! I was trying to find a threat with something like that. I really would like to clean the handles of my speedy, but I'm so unsure about what wipes to pick :sad:

BTW: twiggers, I appreciate what you are doing and hope everything turns out right ... I'll sure check back to learn :yes:

6. No problem Kittie! If you try a search with "baby wipes" you should get a whole bunch of threads...and in one of them Irene said which brand she used.

7. Kittie, here's Irene original thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/i-found-a-new-me-anyways-way-clean-29603.html?highlight=found+clean+baby+wipes

I tried it, too:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/before-and-after-pics-of-handle-cleaning-session-39280.html?highlight=baby+wipes

But make sure that you won't use it on light vachetta, as it will darken it a bit.

8. Alrighty...here are before shots. As you can see there is quite a bit of dirt on the handles. There is also some dirt on the handle tabs and the side tabs. I will cleaning all of them!!!!

Oh and BTW...this is my dream bag...so I am a tad bit nervous lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now I'll be heading upstairs to do the first round of baby wipes. Back in a bit with updated pics and description of what I did.

9. Good luck!
    And don't freak out if it looks weird, it will look good when it's completely dry. And: don't rub, be gentle ;)

10. Good luck! I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I bet the bag will look fantastic!

11. OK...round one pics will be coming shortly. They're uploading right now.

12. OK here are pics taken IMMEDIATELY after cleaning.
    I must say I am a tad bit freaked lol As soon as I touched the wipe to the leather it immediately got darker...and it almost looks like it spread the dirt around. But who knows...time will tell what happens.

Technique:
    1 baby wipe for one handle, and 1 baby wipe for the other handle + all tabs.
    I gently wiped the handles and gently rubbed around it...not vigorously or anything.

Immediately after there was ALOT of black....I am thinking a second round may be required as they were really dirty. But a weird thing I noticed: there was a slight pend mark on one of the tabs and its gone now...weird...but good.

Here's the pics...including one of the dirty wipe. Surprisingly not a lot of dirt came off this round. A yellowish color came off...possibly tobacco (but the bag doesn't smell like a smoker used it).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. The little white things you see are from the wipes...like the fabric...they'll wipe off once dry.

An update: about 10 minutes has passed and it is lightening up. But I think a second round is still in order.

I will post pics after 1 hour has passed (approximately 5:15 EST)

Please send good vibes to my speedy...she needs clean handles lol

14. ~~~ Good Vibes! Good Vibes ~~~~

15. awww thanks penguins! I'm thinking of calling her Betty...I don't know why....lol