*The 80th Annual Academy Awards*

1. The Oscars are here again!
    Lets post all the red carpet pics here, parties before and after the oscars, and preperation for the big event.

After an exhausting, less-than-glam awards season, the 80th Academy Awards are totally on, and they might even be a big deal. Sunday night, in case you haven't heard. Here's what else we know:

1. The red carpet will be packed. After a writers' strike-inflicted glitz drought (SAG awards excepted), the A-listers are totally hitting this party. Clooney, Hanks, Kidman, Washington, all those people. You've missed 'em, right?

2. Oh yeah, Miley Cyrus is coming, too. She's a box-office smash with a 3-D concert flick, but tongue-waggers have been wondering why tween thing Hannah Montana is presenting at, like, the Oscars. But we say she's no weirder than having, say, Jessica Alba, Seth Rogen or The Rock—presenters, all.

3. Jon Stewart's hosting, but without any jokes from his Daily Show buddy Rob Corddry.

4. No Country for Old Men will win Best Picture. Ask anybody. Seriously. Anybody.

5. Wait—Michael Clayton will win Best Picture. People we respect have a very good theory on this.

6. John Travolta might dance.
  2. Miley Cyrus?? Are they serious?

Dh and I watched Micheal Clayton last night. Great movie.
  3. Yup I guess because she achieved so much in 1 year.
  4. I dont think this thread belongs in television...It was always in the Celeb section. I remember it being there last year.
  5. Where's The Party?

Filed under: Madonna > Prince
    Hollywood sighed with relief when the Writer's Strike ended… just in time for the Oscars!
    The show will go on, but as we previously reported, Vanity Fair's big daddy of all Oscar parties will NOT.
    The strike also resulted in other casualties: the People magazine party and the bash that 'young' Hollywood always looks forward to, the late night soiree of uber-manager Rick Yorn and super agent Patrick Whitesell have also been cancelled.
    Outside of the Governor's Ball, the no-brainer first stop of the Oscar night party circuit, what's a celeb to do?
    Well, her Madgesty has stepped up to the plate and put together a 'last minute' party with the help of her manager, Guy Oseary, and pal Demi Moore.
    The party will reportedly take place in the Westside hills (we're guessing Brentwood?). A few hundred people have been invited. Someone who's seen the guest list said, "Everybody's on it. It gives the A-list Vanity Fair crowd someplace to go to. It will probably be pared down to where it's 85% talent, not a lot of suits."
    Hope Madge and Demi will have all the servers screened for the hepatitis A virus!
    It's also been reported that Prince is hosting an Oscar's bash at his new Benedict Canyon home. According to a source, the RSVP list supposedly includes, "Kate and Tom, Will Smith, Salma and Penelope."
    Thank goodness music's royalty is stepping up in this time of need!
  6. Let the Pre-Oscar Parties Begin...

Posted Sat. Feb. 23, 2008 5:17pm by The Sixers Filed Under Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Eva Mendes, Faith Hill, Giovanni Ribisi, Ivanka Trump, Jared Leto, Jason Bateman, Madonna, Renée Zellweger, Ron Howard, Sean Penn, Tim McGraw, Tim Robbins

[​IMG]More Photos1

CAA's Bryan Lourd hosted his annual pre-Oscar party last night, and the superagent had quite the list of bold-faced names in attendance. Madonna, Sean Penn, Renee Zellweger, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Eva Mendes, Tim Robbins, Ivanka Trump, Jared Leto, Giovanni Ribisi, Jason Bateman, and Ron Howard are all pictured above in the star-studded gallery. Seeing this many celebrities in one place gets us even more excited for the much anticipated Oscars to commence!
  7. I totally don't think Miley should be presenting. Aren't the Oscars about movie performances? Miley didn't even act in her movie- she was just singing, I saw it. She's good in Hannah Montana but that's a TV show. She's talented, sure, but I think such honorable positions should only be held by people who have had a long run in Hollywood and earned the respect of a lot of people.

I cant wait to watch!!
  8. [​IMG]

Aren't you excited about tonight's show???
    I can't wait!:yahoo:
  9. [​IMG]

10. wow... look at Angelina's bump in the first pic... she is gorgeous and glowing! i don't like Jessica's outfit, but everyone looks pretty good in these pics. :smile:
  11. I'm so excited to see what everyone will wear !!! *screech*
  12. wow!! Angelina's bump!!!!
  13. Thanks for the pics:tup:
  14. I know I was shocked to...I was expecting her to hide it. Ever since Christina just came out it seems like everyone is doing the same.