The 1-year Ban Band

1. alvie223
2. Bagluvluv
3. maguses
4. addictedtopurses
5. sarajane
mrsjimmyh

Hi again! Well, I'm OUT, I don't want to do it after all. A year is going to be too long for me because I really look forward to getting a little something, it's literally something I look forward to(daydream about etc.) and I think 6 mos. is more realistic and less painful of a wait, lol. As a sahm my life is pretty unglamorous and my LV's add that special something to my everyday blah. I also have a child with special needs so my LV bags(and looking forward to getting them) are kind of a pick me up for my everyday challenges that I go through.

So in October I plan on getting the mono recital on ebay, it'll be around 200 most likely, a far cry from the retail and the price of a big bag(like a speedy and such). Since I'm good at budgeting and keep my desires in check by spacing out my purchases like this I think I'm doing ok and don't have to be 'that' strict to put myself on a one year restriction. I was thinking I was doing the ban for some type of psychological break from collecting designer stuff, but if it's something I look forward to why deprive myself of that simple little thing especially when I would be spending the same amount on jewelry let's say(planned on getting a necklace instead equal in price to what I intended to spend on the LV). So for now I'm going to do the 6 mos. ban plan but I may decide the following year('08) to just get one bag and go on a year ban, I'm not ruling it out in the future. I think there is merit to the idea(to recognize when you have enough bags and it's borderline addictive collecting rather than useful). GL ladies, I'll be following this thread to see how it progresses.

I just emailed my LV friend that I talk LV with and I wrote to her saying how funny it is that I didn't even last 24 hrs. on my self imposed one year ban. For me I kind of enjoy the countdown process to getting my bag and looking forward to the next bag, so 6 mos. is just more do-able.

I can do 6 months I wish I could hold out for a year but I dont think that is going to ahppen. If you have a 5 month ban band let me know i will join. :smile: Good luck Ladies

twiggers has started a thread about being on a general purse ban, people there offer support and such, I have to go find it. On that thread posters are on varying length purse bans.