The 1-year Ban Band

I plan on buying my last bag for the year the end of this month. Then I was going to get a small accessory like a pochette or cles come Oct. I'm wondering if that counts, getting the small lv accessory? I seriously am not going to be getting any more 'big' lv items though after the bv until March/April '08 and then I'm pretty sure I'll get an epi piece at that time(black or red epi speedy25). So it looks like I'm the only one going on a year ban! I don't think it will be so hard though bec. after the bv I will have gotten 3 brand new LV bags and one small bag (baby pap) since Dec. '07(in 4 mos. time span)that will hold me over all year! The reason I bought so many this year is I sold off my old collection to fund the new bags. Normally I would only be able to afford buying one new LV bag a year and one small accessory.

Uh, no? This reminds me of the group of friends in the San Francisco area who all decided to go on a shopping ban for a year. Only necessities were allowed (like food, car maintenance) but no frivolous stuff was allowed...and they actually did it! I think it was on an Oprah episode a while back.

I could do it easily.....:weird: Crazy as it is....Im feeling pretty full....Im waiting for my last bag right now....so, Im doing just fine and dont see another bag in a year or even beyond....

I've got accessories to get over the year, no more large purchases planned .. lol but want to keep my options open :smile: also I'd like to try to get a couple of bags for gifts for later this year so that would put me out.

I can't, but I know HE can, so i'll let Him (takeover and control my addiction). This is the summary of the 3 rules of AA.

Only 3 so far!
1. alvie223
2. Bagluvluv
3. maguses

If u wanna join in the funny struggle, just copy and paste the list and add urself in!

icon1.gif
Re: The 1-year Ban Band
I can't, but I know HE can, so i'll let Him (takeover and control my addiction). This is the summary of the 3 rules of AA.

Only 4 so far!
1. alvie223
2. Bagluvluv
3. maguses
4. addictedtopurses

If u wanna join in the funny struggle, just copy and paste the list and add urself in!

Does the sentence, "I've been mulling over it for ages and I m not sure I should buy <insert> because it cost <insert>?" sounds familiar?

Do u spend some time every morning surfing websites with "bag", "purse", "luxury", "snob" or "addict" in the url? <Eye opener>

Do you feel guilty about the money after u buy a LV? <Guilt>

Has anyone ever asked u to Cut down on ur spending on LV?

Do you get Annoyed when ur friends say u spend too much on LV?

If there is a yes in the CAGE questionnaire, u could be a LV addict aka LVOE-R. Consider joining the crusade now!

For one year, we will not succumb to images of <insert name of ur favorite celeb with eating disorders, drug addiction, meaningless lifestyle and questionable values on sex and on relationships> carrying a LV bag. We will <try> to adhere to our ban!:graucho:

Boy, this is a hard one. Don't know if I can do this for one year. Correction: I KNOW I can't do this for one year. I admire all of you who can last the whole 365 days and nights without a new LV. Withdrawal symptoms would be excruciating to endure. LOL :crybaby:

Good luck to those of you who are taking this extraordinary challenge!!!