That's it for me for NM Online.

That is just ridiculous.

My one bad NM online experience was when I ordered a pair of shoes, and the ones shipped were the wrong size. The twist was that the box had the right size marked on it, but inside were a completely different size of shoe. Go figure. Luckily I have a NM relatively close by, so I always do my returns from online in person.

I once had an issue with Nordstrom Rack where I returned an MJ bag, and instead of processing it as a return, they charged me for it *again*. Dumb me for not noticing the receipt details until I got home, but god bless Nordstrom CS because as soon as I called them, they credited me back the money *and* I got a handwritten apology mailed to me by the manager of the store. THAT is what you do, NM, ya maroons.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. In the future (if you ever shop with NM again), if you have one near you, I'd suggest takign it into the store and returning to customer service there. I've done this a few times, and the refund has always showed up on my credit card within the next 2 - 3 days.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. In the future (if you ever shop with NM again), if you have one near you, I'd suggest takign it into the store and returning to customer service there. I've done this a few times, and the refund has always showed up on my credit card within the next 2 - 3 days.

This is exactly my experience also. Buy online, return in person!!! Credit refund quick and a bag is a bag not a thong!!!!:wtf:

I had a discussion with the Bergdorf people who are the same people as NM online. My bag had been returned and back to them, but they told me the credit would take 3 weeks. I said that was unacceptable for them to have my money when they had their bag. I got a supervisor to refund it immediately. She told me that this was a one time "courtesy". (Why getting my own money back when I have no merchandise is A courtesy I'll never know...) Now, I sent another bag back and called to see if they'd received it yet, and she said they were working on the June 14th returns. I sent mine back on the 23rd. I know it'll be mid-July before I get my account credited which is terrible service. Usually if it were NM or Saks I'd take it back here and get the immediate credit-but there is no BG in Atlanta.
:tdown: I don't understand why this is even legal for them to do!

That's really too bad about NM. I've never shopped there instore or online but a new store is supposed to open this summer/fall in Seattle.
Definitely two thumbs WAY up for our homegrown local favorite, Nordstrom! :tup: I don't think NM will be able to match Nordies in superior customer service!

I agree that NM's cust serv leaves something to be desired, and that Nordstroms is wonderful. It's too bad that they don't offer the same items online that they have in their stores (Gustto, Gryson, Treesje, Botkier). I would definitely give them ALL of my business if they did. I wonder if their website will expand & offer the designers they have in the stores. I would expect A LOT of customers would happily switch from NM/BG and Saks over to Nordstroms online if they did.

That's awful! Whenever I buy something online and I don't like it, instead of waiting for the full month for them to process the return, I'd rather return it in store or sell it on ebay and use the funds to pay off the card.

Good to know about the NM card. If I make a purchase thru them again I'll definitely use my AMEX!