~*~Thanksgiving~*~

Glittering

Oct 5, 2006
What's your fondest memory of Thanksgiving?

Mine would be last year,,,Every since I was a little girl, I've watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and I have dreamed of going to NY to see it...my husband took us last year!!!! It was everything I dreamed it would be and we had the best time!! Another part of my special dream was to stay at The Plaza Hotel but it isn't a hotel anymore so we stayed at the Waldorf Hotel which was absolutely beautiful!!! My girls will have this memory forever!!! :heart: :flowers:

What's your fondest memory of Thanksgiving?

Mine would be last year,,,Every since I was a little girl, I've watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and I have dreamed of going to NY to see it...my husband took us last year!!!! It was everything I dreamed it would be and we had the best time!! Another part of my special dream was to stay at The Plaza Hotel but it isn't a hotel anymore so we stayed at the Waldorf Hotel which was absolutely beautiful!!! My girls will have this memory forever!!! :heart: :flowers:

t'giving is so wonderful with my family every year it's hard to have a specific standout. Great family, great cooking and laughing...what more could you want?

I do remember one year, however, when my folks were remodeling their kitchen and of course the project went longer than planned so we all went out to dinner for Thanksgiving...and I bucked tradition and had salmon. :supacool:

I remember last year, when not only all my brothers and sisters were there, but also their significant others.

I had to work that day (but I was home for dinner) but I was working with someone who was really nervous because she wanted to close on time so we could get home. (What, and I didn't!?!?!)

Anyway, so my brothers, my sister, her boyfriend and my brother's girlfriend came to visit me. I was preclosing at the time, so I was mopping up. At some point, one of my brothers called me over and muttered, "Who's that *****?" which was amusing. He didn't like the way she talked to me.

Finally, the store's closed and I got to go home for dinner. It was great. Everyone was talking and laughing and joking. There was the occasional family 'things' as there always are, but it was great.

It was also the first time in twelve years that all of my dad's children were together on Thanksgiving. We even did a recreation of the first picture we took together. (I won't show you that one because I don't like the way I look in it!)

328077698_l.jpg

From L to R: Geoffrey, Matt, Daddy, Me, Jolie, Lisi

The other memorable one was when I was studying in London the winter semester of my junior year in college. There were a lot of American students, so Kingston University set up a Thanksgiving dinner.

I remember trying to explain to the children in whose house I was lodging what Thanksgiving was. All I could remember was that it was a holiday where we ate turkey and watched American football.

That day I saw Little Nicky in the movie theatre. When it came time for dinner, I brought a pecan pie I got from Waitrose. (The students were supposed to bring things.)

I remember just sitting with my friends and having the best time.