Thailand!!!!!

1. I need help -
    going to thailand soon and i need some help- i dont know where to go!

bangkok is def on my list, but what about the other places??
    has anyone ever been?

my bf wants to go to chiang mai but where else???

THANKSSS

2. I'm so jealous. I have always wanted to go.

3. I'm sure you'll receive great recommendations from other posters. I have only been to Bangkok and just love it - it is a fantastic city!

Have you Googled "Thailand travel" or tourism places yet?

4. how bout Koh Samui for the beaches and stuff?

5. Make sure you go to the local markets in Bangkok for the best (while at the same time affordable) foods. And get a Thai massage. They're so rejuvenating and cheap! :tup:I've been to Bangkok 2x on business and its amazing. Have fun!

6. Don't drink the local water and peel the fruit before you eat it.

I wish I could go back because I was there when I was a little girl, but I would appreciate it more going back now.

Visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The only thing I remember about visiting there when I was a little girl was seeing the sign saying photo taking was prohibited. I also remember seeing a board with exposed film stapled to it. The staff at the temple were very strict about the no picture policy . . . and understandably so.

When getting a massage, make sure you go to a spa:
    http://www.thaiwebsites.com/spas.asp

. . . only because Thailand has both massage therapy and 'personal' massages and you wouldn't want to mix the two of those places up!

7. Tripadvisor.com and Virtualtourist.com are your friends. Make sure you plan your lodging and transportation to/from airport! (I'm a silly fool about that!:yes: )

8. A tPFer (Lucretias) family is from Thailand. You could def PM her. She is a sweety and I'm sure she would love to give you advice.

9. Here is a blog written by my friend Coy. He and his wife went to Thailand for 5 weeks, a few months after the tsunami. Lots of information, pictures, and his blog is fun to read. Feel free to email him (contact info is on his blog). He loves talking to people about Thailand!
    http://blogs.bootsnall.com/west/archives/008318.shtml

10. I went to Bangkok, Phuket, and Chiang Mai a couple years ago on vacation. You may want to consider getting a reputable tour guide to show you around. We had one in Bangkok and she was great because she would "back us up" against the many people who'll try to hustle you while you walk around; she showed us the cheapest ways to get around the city; she gave us great recommendations on inexpensive places to eat and shop; she even walked around to shopping booths with us and gave us a "code word" that she would say whenever she thought something was overpriced (as many shops try to gouge tourists). I loved her, and she got many positive reviews on the different travel forums.

In Chiang Mai, I didn't do as much research and hired a tour guide who was a total sham. He only took us to random shops (under the ruse that they would show us how the locals do their handicrafts) that clearly offered him a kickback for taking us there. After five or so of these shops, we demanded he take us back to our hotel, and he still wouldn't take us back until we stopped at a couple more. There are a lot of scammers out there - just make sure you do your research!

Tripadvisor, Virtualtourist, and Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree travel boards will all give you great advice. Have a great time!

11. TIA about going to Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Bangkok. I went a few years ago (I have family there, so being Thai, I'll let you in on the local secrets! Haha! Because I'm pretty sure you know of all the touristy attractions already like the water market!) when I was younger so I forgot a lot of the names of the places I went. I'll go back to the scrap book to find out and post again when I get home. (on vacation in Hawaii right now. Be back soon to post again!)

12. I will be going there in March. I love it... Why not take the bus from Bangkok to Pattaya?

13. not sure if it's been posted yet or not but I hear that Koh tao, koh samui and Hua Hin are great places too! enjoy your holiday!

14. great idea! i did that on one of my trips to Thailand. My family rented a van and driver to drive us to Pattaya for the day and it was fabulous! You can choose to stay over night as well. It's only about 2 hours drive away from Bangkok.

15. My parents did an organised tour in Thailand, Maybe you could look that up by a travel agency and visit some of the places yourself?