TG in London for two days...!

1. Hi Gals! It just so turns out...I'll be in London around March 15-17 or 18. Got a free ticket on Continental for points. I'm on my way to see my brother in Zurich.
    1. Are there any sales on in March? I don't think so...
    2. Can you give me detailed instructions on how to get to closest outlet? What train station? Frequent schedule? What stop? How long is the ride? How much is the fare?
    3. I'm flying into Gatwick. I may be staying with a friend in Highbury Park, if she's there. If she's not, any B&B recommendations?
    I can't believe I am going to do this. I'm a newbie about airline points. And suddenly, I'm going to see my brother in Zurich...!!!
    Thanks for all your info.:yahoo:

2. Wow TG, that is fab news! The nearest outlet will be Bicester but sure we can arrange a trip for you.

3. Wonderful news, so happy for you! That will be a great trip - outlet shopping and family meet, sounds just perfect.

4. TG, if you can get yourself to Chippenham station, I'll take you to Shepton Mallet for bag shopping, tea & scones.
    There's a direct train from Waterloo station in London.

5. Fabulous idea Sara. If your going to do a Mulberry Outlet you may as well do the best one.

6. That's what I thought. If TG is coming all this way, she really ought not to miss out on the full Mulberry experience!
    Anyone else is welcome to join in....

7. Ooo girls, I'd love to come and meet you! Fabulous news about the trip TG, and SJ I've been dying to go to Shepton ever since reading your lovely descriptions. I was excited enough about the Bicester shop when I went in Nov - bearing in mind I hadn't been to the new location there, I thought it was fantastic - heaven in fact :heart:

Those dates in March fall into my part time week from work, so no worries there. The only thing is, if we don't make our New York trip in Feb, those March dates would be when we'd have to go :sad:

Wonder if I'd be better off getting the train instead of driving? Off to research timetables. Tres excited....

Hmm, train would involve either 2 or 3 changes, and either 2 1/2 hours, or 3, depending on route? Driving sounds more appealing at this point. I didn't realise it was that far from me - Surrey/Hampshire border?

8. sarajane...how long is the train to shepton mallet? can i do the round trip in one day from london? what station does it leave from? thank you all for your help and enthusiasm. this is a BIG DEAL for me!

9. Can you get to Oxford direct Aly?

10. Hi riff - Bicester isn't too bad for me (is that what you meant re. Oxford?) I would drive, and allow around 1 1/2 hours (I think it took around 1 1/4 last time) It's Shepton that I'm really not sure about. I'll have to get the map out and maybe have a play on map finder, or whatever it's called?

11. See...I'm so excited, I'm not even reading your post properly Sarajane. Waterloo station. I know that station! That's where my Eurostar left from once, but I understand that's changed too.
    I can do Waterloo station. That's a tube stop too, right? So how long is the ride? And can I do this excursion in one day?

How long a drive for you to Chippenham? And from there to Shepton? I don't want to put you out of your routine and schedule, Sarajane.

Also, is Shepton that much better than Bicester? Are there always handbags? Will I begin to hyperventilate when I walk in there...? And want to buy everything????

12. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:
    I'm sharing your excitement TG - it's very infectious!

I'm not SJ, but have just had a quick squizz at the timetables. It looks to me like Waterloo to Chippenham is around 3 hours, with maybe one or two changes? I'm no train expert, and I can't see a direct link, but hopefully Sara Jane will be back soon with some better info.

Really don't know if Shepton is better than Bicester - I've only been to Bicester, and I thought it was GREAT!! :yahoo:Shepton sounds much prettier though, and I think SJ said it was bigger? And yes - definately come armed with a healthy budget. Think you're gonna enjoy this trip!

13. Well...if Shepton is a three hour train ride...I think I better do Bicester. That's only about 45 mins from London, right? Because my time is so darn short. I'm sure that Shepton is a better shop with better discounts...but time is of the essence. I'm open, so let's keep discussing. Besides, Bicester is where the May meet is...so I'll be seeing where the Mulberry gals will be in May... I don't know. What do you all think?

14. Gosh I wouldn`t turn Shepton Mallet down I would love to go there myself!!