Terror scare on plane from Amsterdam to India

1. This is the second one this week. I hate to say this, but it makes me wonder if this was a "dry run"... :wtf: :sad:

UPDATE 10-Dutch arrest 12 on U.S. plane bound for India

http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&symbol=&storyID=2006-08-23T184058Z_01_L23323253_RTRIDST_0_SECURITY-AIRLINES-DUTCH-UPDATE-10-PICTURE.XML&pageNumber=0&WTModLoc=InvArt-C1-ArticlePage2&sz=13

By Nicola Leske

AMSTERDAM, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Dutch police arrested 12 passengers behaving suspiciously on a U.S. Northwest Airlines plane bound for India that was forced to turn back to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport on Wednesday.

Police arrested 12 of the 149 passengers on flight 42 to Mumbai, which turned back to Amsterdam due to security concerns after the crew reported suspicious behaviour, officials said. Two Dutch fighter jets accompanied the plane back to Schiphol.

"They will be interrogated in the coming hours by police investigators," a police spokesman said.

Asked whether a suspected terrorist plot could be ruled out, he said: "We don't want to get ahead of ourselves."

Dutch police can hold suspects for three days without charge, extended by another three days in special circumstances, news agency ANP said. The authorities expect to provide more information on Thursday.

Dutch media cited eye witnesses saying those arrested were not following airline security rules and were exchanging mobile phones which had made other passengers uneasy.

"They were not paying attention to what the flight attendents were saying," an unnamed female passenger said on NOS television.

2. :censor: Arghh!! I'm glad all these things are happening in all the places my family fly's out of. London and Amsterdam. What next, Pearson in Toronto?!? I wish there were some answers...something to do to fight terrorism; and what is the POINT anyways?!