Teenage Style

Im guilty for owning a pair of black uggs,and im guilty for wearing a return to tiffany set. I own one a+f shirt with the moose on it. Last year in the winter I used to wear grey leggings with my uggs & jean skirt BEFORE it became a trend. But I do *not* wear tight pants, I dont wear tight clothing in general. I like wearing thick leggings with uggs though, they keep me warm.Especially in the january when I have to walk 20 min to school,my uggs made this past winter very warm:heart:. I do agree with the "logo overload". The only thing I cant stand about leggings is when girls wear them with flip flops! or even shorts!.

back in highschool in Toronto, the trend was to wear hooded sweatshirts with a huge GAP logo on it. UGH! i NEVER did that. in fact, people have always described some of the stuff i wear as 'weird' or 'quirky'. i loooooooooooved buffy the vampire slayer and was a huge SMG fan, so i dressed like her. boot cut dark denim, black 2 inch boots and white/red/black/navy boatneck tees with 3/4 sleeves. oh, and a leather jacket or leather motorcycle jacket. i didn't wear much makeup...mascara and lipbalm if that. looking back, i think i did ok. not TOO TOO bad.

during university years, i owned a few hollister t's, juicy sweats and 2 pairs of uggs. i also followed the huge sunglasses and return to tiffany's trend as well. i NEVER did the cropped T and low rise jean combo...tho. i guess i did it because it was comfortable and everyone was wearing that stuff. if you don't wear that stuff as a teen, when are u supposed to wear it?!

I'm too old to be a teenager, hahaha. *sigh* miss my teenage years. Teenagers should stick with what looks good on them and not everyone else is wearing it. Umm...please throw away those ugly denim miniskirts!

Okay, as a 17 year old I am guilty of the Abercrombie T-shirts and the Uggs :lol: I have a Tiffany necklace that my boyfriend bought me but it's the lock one instead of the ones all the other girls wear.

I also love those huge rings that everyone used to wear a while back, but I don't say mine are real? Haha. I agree with everyone else though about the fat hanging out over the jeans. Even if I was overweight, I would never let that happen! :yucky:

I'm a teenager! last year I was sooo guilty of the whole Hollister/Abercrombie trend! This year I'm starting to develop my own style (I now love Urban Outfitters and Forever 21 for cute, quirky, fun clothes and Old Navy for great basics and jeans) and everyone gives me so much more compliments! I'm glad I don't blend in anymore, even though I don't overdo it... i just look different!

(glad to say I've never been one of those love-handled pot-bellied cropped-top girls though!)

I was a teen in the 90´s, I felt like the strongest peer pressure was in Junior High (12-15 yo), where I had to wear these very safe clothes Preppy-style from specific $$ brands......It so wasn´t me, but then I moved to High school, there was different trends and styles, so you would choose to belong to 1 group depending of what you were into.
I was into Fine arts, indie rock music...so my style was very much woodstock revival !:roflmfao: .....But it was creative !! and so was everybody in their own tribe.
And at College you have pretty much found yourself, your path, and girls were very much aware of not looking slutty or fashion victims....

Today I like some of the teens styles, I just wish there was more diversity, and personal creativity and play around the trends.
Where I live the teens are purely clones.

I am totally guilty STILL of the abercrombie shirts, I have at least 12 of them, all abercrombie and hollister.. but I couldn't afford much! These were all on discount or clearance. And I also bought Chanel glasses this year, they aren't huge and overwhelming, but they fit the current trend but to my taste. Otherwise I'm happy to say I was a unique sloppy dressed dresser that had total team spirit and would don sweats and pj style pants.

as a teenager (im 19) i have to say i HATEEEEE with a passion leggings. it's such a fad. just like skinny jeans. but i get really annoyed when i see a girl wearing leggings, tiny denim miniskirt, and a+f polos. and i see it all the time. i work at hollister which i totally hate but im too lazy to find another job since im only working for the summer before i go back to school. back when i was in hs it was always rainbow flip flops, denim minis, and a+f/hco/ae stuff. it just got soooooo boring.

As a teenager, (I'm 16) the people at my school actually dress normally. Sure, you'll sometimes find people with a Mary-Kate overload style but usually it's very calm. I myself like to dress nicely. I don't usually dress casual. I wear summer dresses to school and pair it on with flats. I like to dress vintage at timess. Someone actually told me that i dressed like Nicole Richie. I think it might have been because i wore a similar boho shirt that the celeb did. I wear Uggs but not with skirts, yuck! One thing i can't take is leggings. I think they are freakin hideous. Can't really tell you why.
At the most part I get lots of compliments(not to brag) maybe it's cause I dress how i want and don't really care what people think of me.

^^ i love denim mini skirts. i have to say i am one of those abercromie logo shirt wearing people, but it's not like i wear it because of the logo, abercrombie just throws their logo onto everything. and i admit to wanting one of those return to tiffany's bracelets too. and i still do

far TOO MANY girls (in my college at least), are wearing too many bright stuff and ugly, tight clothes that make them look like either a cheap sl*t or an ugly who*e! like, there's this girl sho's super fat, and she just loves wearing low cut shirts with a waistcoat and tight jeans. all i can say when i see her is "eww. crap!"
however, there are those who do it quite well... like wearing gorgeous jeans, pumps, a nice polo/shirt, a comfy jacket/coat and a nice LV/Gucci/Prada bag.

but nowadays, i can't stand it when too many girls are wearing leggings under miniskirts (i don't hate leggings, only when fat girls wear them). and when wearing leggings, high heels are the way to go!

The only time in my life that I ever wanted things based on brand name and/or because it was what other people were wearing occurred just before I entered my teens.

Fortunately for my mother and grandmother, not to mention fortunately for me, it was a very short "phase" that burned briefly but brightly.

At the same time, I am glad that it happened, because I think it makes me better able to understand why people, even those whose teen years have long lain folded away in the memory box of Time, will be willing to spend more than many people - including themselves - earn in a month to acquire one single item!

As Pursegrrl points out, the adolescent years are always going to feature a certain amount of this, it is all part of the process of becoming a woman, and developing one's own style, transitioning from the attitude of trend-follower to trend-setter :smile:

And I believe that even those who still bear traces, or more than traces of it, well into adulthood will eventually find that it slips from them like a leaf that falls from a tree, and if I may be forgiven for waxing philosophical, in the circumstances that society finds itself today, for all the criticism that can be made, and with undeniable validity, of the practice, and considering the truly horrific and horrible things that the trend-followers and status-shoppers could be doing, their attachment to a particular brand name and/or style of fahsion and/or accessories does not seem so bad!

I'm over my teens now. Almost 21. I dressed pretty sloppy and if I could do it again I'd like to say I'd find my own style at 16, but realistically, I would probably just follow everyone else. I have my own style now, but I think there's a reason there's a distinct "teen style" - a lot of teens haven't come into their own yet in a lot of senses, one of the least important of which I think is style.

The teen girls here in San Francisco are wearing puffy jackets with fur-trimmed hoods, SUPER-TIGHT jeans (skinny or flare), skin-tight tunic shirts worn alone or layered with something else, thin cotton hoodies, and flat sneakers or Uggs. I haven't noticed much in the way of logo shirts but then again, I'm not looking real closely either. It's not a *horrible* look, but it's so common to the point of just blah. And that's just the girls. The guys? ell, UGH!!!

Teen boys here are WAY into the K-Fed look: looooong oversized shirts worn over super-baggy plumber's-crack-revealing pants. Baseball caps with super flat brims worn cocked sideways and turned to the side (YUCK!!!). It's a very street look and most of the teens are wearing it. It is the city after all.