Technically speaking this is a genius idea!

1. Okay, I'm not 100% sure about the colors and patches, but the idea of a large enough shoulder bag that can be turned in a clutch is just amazing. What do you think?

Shopping alert
    from fendi to you

During the work week, chic city slickers hardly have time to reapply their lipstick, never mind stop at home to swap handbags for after-hours events. With this in mind, accessories designer Silvia Venturini Fendi has created the seventies-inspired To You bag. Neither an oversize satchel nor a wee minaudière, it sits on your shoulder by day and folds into a clutch for night. Though the coveted item won't hit stores until September, a select group of New York's tastemakers will be given a special preview this afternoon, when social swan and Fendi ambassador Fabiola Beracasa hosts an intimate luncheon for 20 or so of her nearest and dearest at the Gramercy Park Hotel.
    —Sarah Cristobal

Photo: Courtesy of Fendi
  2. I agree the idea is good but I personally couldn't carry that, I think its the colors and perhaps even the style. I think they could have done much better. If they were more to my taste I would probably get it because I could wear it 2 ways!
  3. Not bad in this color combo... and this picture can be useful for size reference as well.

Again from
    Worn as a clutch:
  4. Worn as a shoulder bag:
  5. Another one:
  6. I do love it as a clutch, but I'm not sure about the shoulder option, doesn't speak to me that way.
  7. i agree, i like it better as a clutch
  8. Same. It looks like it is 'open' when in shoulder bag style. Like it is hanging open somewhat.