TDF Thick & Hearty Beef Stew with carrots, onions, potatoes, and celery! PICS!

1. Oh man,I just got finished on my second bowl of this! Serve it hot with fresh bread on the side for mopping up the "gravy" leftover.

This soup is aethetically pleasing; with a pretty deep brown gravy that thickens to coat the carrots, onions, potatoes, and celery. It is absolutely outstanding on a cold night such as this one, and it is so yummy!

EASY DIRECTIONS:

One Big pot

Throw 2 pounds of pre-cut stewing meat pieces into the pot

Throw 1 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper onto meat and stir around

Throw the following into the pot:

4 carrots, washed and chopped into chunks, pieces, however you want to do it
    6 Baby potatoes, washed and scubbed, and quartered
    2 stalks celery; cut the ends off and chop into small pieces
    1 onion cut into chunks

2 cans canned beef broth

Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 2 hours.

In the last 20 min-30 hour, throw in some potato buds (optional) to make a TDF gravy-thick sauce that clings deliciously to the stewed vegetables.

*Note

This is a man-pleaser recipe! Men will swoon when they eat this!:graucho:

CIMG5181.JPG CIMG5182.JPG CIMG5187.JPG
  2. Sorry about the pic quality! Im not the best photographer!;)

3. looks delish!

4. Looks yummy..minus the onions ;)

5. OMG this looks so good and sounds easy!!! I love beef stew. I will totally try it this weekend. Thanks for posting!!

EDIT: what are potato buds?

6. OK, now I know what I am making for dinner. It's a cool 65 today in Florida so perfect!

7. Yummy!!! Thank you for sharing. I would also like to know what potato buds are?

8. ^ Just the Betty Crocker brand of instant mashed potatoes. I think that is the right brand.

9. That's looks delicious! I will definitely make that.

10. Looks good and sounds very easy. Thanks for sharing.

11. Potato buds are those instant mashed potatoes in a box. As you can see, I like things that are easy!

Also, dont forget to be LIBERAL with the seasonings! Salt, pepper, whatever! (There is lots of "stuff" in this soup; meat, lots of veggies, and when under-seasoned may taste a tad bit bland, but with the right amount of salt and pepper, this stew is delish!)

12. ^ So will I! That looks so good!!!!!!!!!!! :nuts:

13. That does look tasty! Have you ever tried it using a Crockpot or is cooking it over the stove better?

14. Could you substitute chicken for the meat and broth? Or is that just asking for trouble?

15. mmmm that looks good!