Tattos have any???

yeuxhonnetes said:
thanks :shame:! i got the picture from a postcard. it took the artist 4.5 hours to do it, and because this is my first tattoo and it was done on my back it hurt terribly. i was incredibly sore when the whole thing was over.

i forgot to add this photo, to show how big it really is. pardon the excess baggage.:shame:

attachment.php

that's gotta be one of the hottest tattoos ever. I LOVE IT!!!

shopmom411 said:
I'm 48 and tattoo free but I did promise my 16 year old that when I turned 50 and she turned 18 we'd go and each get a tattoo together. Actually, I can't wait and it's been difficult getting her to wait when all her friends are going down to the tattoo parlor and coming home with hearts, suns, horoscopes, and whatever else. She doesn't have any tattoo's yet and is really chomping at the bit for one. I'd like to put it off as long as possible until she's old enough to make sure this is what she wants to put on her body for the rest of her life....

Should be interesting....I'll keep you posted!

I love that idea. If I ever have a daughter, I will suggest that to her.

I still want a tattoo...either a cross or a unicorn, small and unobstrusive. I haven't decided the perfect place to put them yet. I'll probably get it in the next couple of years, though.

I live my life by these philosophies:
If my body is a temple, then my tattoos are my way of decorating.

and:

Jesus loves me and my tattoos.

That said, I have two of them (on my back, one on each hip. . . . NOWHERE near my spine!)

On my right hip, I have the Greek letter omega. (I love Greek mythology and I love Greek letters . . . plus, it sounds cool to say you have an omega tattooed on your back.)

On my left hip, I have a grail. I got it to represent my dad's side of the family (he's English). Also I love the mythological aspect to it. (And it's a nod to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, because the grail is the same one from the movie's DVD cover.)

Mine felt like a bee sting. It depends on how long you can take it before you tell them to stop for a few seconds. The grail actually hurt worse than the omega. (And the outline hurt worse than the filling in.) Whenever my tattoo artist stopped (either to refill her ink or because I told her to) at some point I would flinch a bit when she touched the needle to my skin again.

Here's a question for everyone . . . have you heard of people getting turned on by being tattooed? (I can understand it . . . the whole pleasure / pain thing) but that's never happened to me.

I chose my back because it could be easily covered up. (And my dad said he was fine with it "as long as we've established it wasn't going to be on your face." were his exact words.)

ZooMom said:
I'm thinking I should get LV monogram print done as a half sleeve??? lol I have 4 tats. The one on the small of my back hurt really badly (its a fairly large multi-colored sun). I have a yin-yang on my bicep, butterfly on my ankle, and an ankh with a green eye below my navel. None of those hurt.
I'm sorry, but PLEASE tell me you're kidding about the LV monogram half sleeve! Someone told me that when she was 18, she was absolutely obsessed with Nike. So much so that she got the Nike Swoosh on her ankle. Looking back on it, she really regrets it.

My college roommate had about five tattoos. Her first one was the Mercedes symbol and she really regretted that.

My feeling is, unless they're paying me to tattoo their logo on my body, it's not going to happen.

I have two. One is of a tribal butterfly with little stars on my lower back. The second is on my foot right above my toes and its a flower with a tiny lady bug sitting on a leaf.

I have 9 tattoos...three on my left hip, Chinese symbol for Love, a tribal sun, and a tribal cross with a heart in the middle. On my right thigh, I have a voodoo symbol. On my lower back, I have an unk and two scorpians. I have my name and my Daddy's name on my collar bone and underneath that. And I have my childhood nickname on the hape of my neck. I want one more, just to even out the number. I think I'm going to get stars on my side.

I have 4. I love them. They're a part of me.

1st - Dolphin tat @ 16 - Right shoulder blade/back. Same design as my older brother since he was err my guardian when I got it (he was 18 at that time). It's our bonding tattoo. Now my younger brother has the same design as well.

2nd - Red circle @ 22 - Lower back (not that low though). Just a red filled-in circle. No black outline. My tat guy was shaking his head when I asked him to do this. He took a pic after since he claims it was odd.

3rd - Japanese Kenji character for "Fist" @ 23 - Right above tat #2.

4th - Flower drawing I lifted from a Buddhist book @ 24 - Left upper arm.

Funny enough, when I was fooling around with the camera yesterday, I took a picture of the last one (4th)... Then saw this thread today!

022502.jpg

I call it my double-take tat. People don't really notice it unless they really stare...

I have one, a lotus flower on the small of my back. I love it, especially since it's a spiritually significant image for me, as well as a symbol for a personal metaphor tied to a memory from my childhood. I wouldn't remove it for the world, but I do wish I had not gotten it from the artist I got it from. It hurt more than anything I've ever experienced and now areas of the tattoo are raised and a little puffy, the artist really dug into me. I cried so hard and bit the leather chair I was sitting on... it was one of the worst experiences of my life, but I love my tattoo and plan on getting more. just not from that artist.

I'm planning my next tattoo, a tree of knowledge derived from some imagery on the walls from a temple near my home where I grew up. I'm going to take my time adapting the imagery and designing the tattoo myself this time... I still regret not designing my lotus tattoo, so this time I will not be making that mistake!

I have 5 tattoos, a star on my ankle a sun on the other side of my ankle, a greyhound ( my bridge dog ) on my heel , a japanese symbol for love on the other side of my heel and a pink butterfly on the top of my foot. I still want a tattoo on my back and maybe one on my shoulder. They really are addicting.

I have the Tibetan Buddhist "Ohm" (in Sanskrit) symbol on the inside of my ankle (got it at 26 yrs. old) and a sun/moon on my shoulder blade (got that one at 18). Love them both. My hubby has a Buddhist Eternity Knot on his arm. I love them.

I have one: a teal blue dragonfly on my ankle. I decided to get the tattoo after returning from a trip gone bad with the ex, and it stung like heck (the tattoo, not the trip with the ex.) The healing itched badly and in the end, I was happy with the results. I still love the tattoo, but I am glad that I didn't proceed with my original plan to get more.