Tatoo Regrets?

1. I didn't want to hijack the other thread... Do any of you regret getting your tatoo? Why??

2. (OK tattoo lovers, don't hate me! This is just my personal experience)

I regret my 2 tattoos. What looked cool and edgy to me in 1992 just looks silly and stretched out now! I got a small tattoo (1"x1") just above my bellybutton, and also a 2"x2" tattoo on my lower back/upper butt when I was in college. Now after having 2 kids, the one on my belly looks pretty gnarly. The one on my butt just looks, well, like something a college kid would've gotten excited about back in 1992.

I don't think about my tattoos much, but when I see myself naked in the mirror, I always cringe a little. My advice? Keep your body pristine! It's permanent, so you can't undo it without a lot of cost/pain/scarring. When you're young, it's hard to fathom that your body is going to age and change....tattoos on aging bodies -- usually not the prettiest sight!

3. I don't have any.. yet.

I get an image in my mind and I wait a year and see what I still think about it and I usually would regret it, but I do have this one thing I was thinking about for almost 3 years now so I'm sure I wouldn't regret it!!!

I just really don't want to mess up my body

4. I regret one of my two tatoos because it has the name of an old love that ended very badly.....I am glad they are located on my upper arms because I never wear sleeveless clothes so they are hidden....I also avoid bathing suits!

5. I regret one in particular...the others can be hidden...and I have one on the top of my foot that I absolutely love!!

6. No, not so far. Probably when I'm older, but at least its on my back and not my belly, so less stretching. Its symbolic for me - I got mine at a time in my life when I was very unhappy, and whenever I see it I'm just reminded of how far I've come since then. Would I change the design if I could? Yea, probably, but what's done is done and I'm learning not to cry over spilt milk.

7. no. but if i'd gotten some of the tattoos i thought about when i was 18 or 19, i'm SURE i would have a different answer.

8. Nope - wanted one for along time, thought about it, thought about it some more, had one on me arse cheek so even when I'm 80 I still won't regret it.

9. My sisters got small tatoos on their shoulders when they were 19... they regreted it by the time they were 23 or 24. The tatoos are cute (small butterflies) and can be covered up, but when each got married she regretted that it would show in her wedding dress. They were embarassed about everyone seeing them and thought they looked tacky.

As for myself, I have managed to go without a tatoo. I am very glad of it. I can't think of one thing I would permanently want on my body.

10. Me too! :p Thank you, better judgement.

11. Getting the faces of the members of Hanson tattooed on right butt cheek. Back in '95, I could have sworn they were the next Beatles...of course, those 10 shots of Jager helped too.

12. LOL...:roflmfao:

I don't have any tatooes I always thought they were a bit tacky even though I kind of always secretly wanted one. I am not big on pain so I'd pass. If I didn't get one when I was younger I know I am certainly not getting one now. :shrugs:

13. I haven't regretted any of mine. I have a rule though. If I decide I want one. I make myself wait a year and if after a year passes, and I still want it, I get it.

14. i have 2 .. and luckily they're cute and small, and 1 is in a pretty discreet place .. i guess i could more or less, take it or leave it. if i could magically not have them, i probably would get rid of 1, maybe even both. i can't complain too much, because they are cute .. but i was a lot younger when i did it, and being the age i am now probably wouldn't get them ..

15. Totally regret this one across my lower back!! UGGGH! It's super cute but I hate the permanent marks on my body and thank goodness I have to go to major effort to see it. lol

[​IMG]