Taste Test: The 90-Calorie Gingerbread Latte Has Arrived!

1. Starbucks Delivers A Light Latte In Time For The Holidays!

Tis the season of holiday-ish lattes at the coffee chains across America. Millions trade in their mochas and caramel mochiatos for eggnog, peppermint, or pumpkin spice lattes. Well Starbucks is introducing a 90 calorie holiday option - a gingerbread latte with sugar-free syrup and nonfat milk (no whip of course).

Starting TODAY, November 8, just walk up to the counter and ask for "a tall nonfat gingerbread latte with sugar-free syrup and no whip." If you like getting "iced" lattes (and I totally understand this preference), a grande size (iced nonfat gingerbread latte with sugar-free syrup and no whip) will get you about the same calories as the tall sized hot latte.

Between these two options though, I preferred the hot latte. I definitely liked the gingerbread spice flavors and while I could detect the sugar-free syrup, it wasn't altogether unappealing. It might not be as noticeable to someone who is used to lot a of sugar-free products. I might be tempted next time to ask for lowfat milk or a half a squirt of regular syrup, though, because I think it needs just a little more oomph! (at least for me it does).

Here are the numbers:

The nutritional information for a Tall Nonfat Gingerbread Latte with Sugar-free syrup is:
    • 90 Calories
    • 0 g. Fat
    • 0 g. Sat. Fat
    • 5 mg Cholesterol
    • 14 g. Carbs
    On ice, a Tall Nonfat Latte with Sugar-free Syrup and no whip has:
    • 60 Calories
    • 0 g. Fat
    • 0 g. Sat. Fat
    • 5 mg. Cholesterol
    • 9 g. Carbs
    (http://blogs.webmd.com/healthy-recipe-doctor/2007/11/taste-test-90-calorie-gingerbread-latte.html)

2. I had two today... loved them. I get decaf though. I had a nonfat gingerbread with regular syrup yesterday... but found today's to be just as lovely... but as you said... I'm one of those people that's used to sugar free stuff.

3. ohh thanks for the tip, caitlin!!

4. ok i ordered it today..twice!! love it!!!

5. In comparison, a tall nonfat Gingerbread Latte (with regular syrup) is 160 calories.

6. I had a gingerbread latte today...it was yummy! I had the regular syrup though.

7. ^^ The other day, I ordered a nonfat, light whip Gingerbread Latte.

If I were to drink them every day, I would consider doing the nonfat sugar free option.

I don't want to drink one every day. I just wanted one once this season. (It was like that with the Pumpkin Lattes.)

8. oops, I got the grande with sugar free but forgot to say nonfat. anyone know the caoric damage on that one?

It was great, BTW!! thanks for the tip, LOL!
    Too bad I forgot the main part...thought I did say easy whip, so I only got a teeybit of whip....

9. I love the sugar free syrups ... now I just wish they made toffee nut in a sugar-free version for the rest of the year.

Great post!

10. I'm addicted. I get at least one a day. They're the best. And it satisfies my sweet tooth even though its sugar free. It's funny, I say nonfat and they still ask me if I want whip... that wouldn't make it nonfat people, come on.

11. 210 calories
    10 grams of fat

That's with whole milk.

With 2% it's
    180 calories
    6 grams of fat

Go to the Starbucks website. They have all the nutritional information on there.

12. Wow sounds good! I'll have to try this.

13. I finally tried one of these today, and it was delicious! I'm not used to sugar-free drinks, either, but it was great.