Tassels: A Dying Trend?

I actually remember asking this on various forums and to friends about 3 years ago when I first bought my first bbag. Their reply was "they're removable - simply take them off" - but then how would you open and close the bag? Well then, simply create your own "zipper tabs" by using your spare set and cutting them short enough to be simple tab pulls :P

I love the tassels on my Weekender!

Its starting to split now, at 1st i was kinda annoyed that it started to split after only couple of months, but now i love the way it looks.

Maybe because its a Weekender, tats why it doesn't look messy even when the tassels split into 4.

I have my tassles long on my Day bags but took one and cut it into thirds for my Part Time. All my bags are RH and it'd be great to find bronze colored zipper pulls you could just clip on to the little rings.

I no longer trim tassles, but I used to. I love, love, love tassles!! I also think that Balenciaga HAS adapted to the idea that tassles might go out of fashion and this is reflected in their Giant line with no tassles at all.

I, too, love the tassels on my city bag. I have bought 2 city bags lately with GGH and GSH and of course they don't have the tassels. So, in my mind, the tassels on the RH bags look more fun and casual and the city bags with the giant hardware look more dressy, therefore appropriate withOUT tassels. Opinions anyone?????

Tassels will never die, they have a strong cult following and will always have a place in fashion. Like RayBan Aviators, they'll never go out of style. Who would have thought WayFarers would make a come back????

I do like the tassels, but I also agree that it make the zippers harder to open and close... When the GSH came out this fall, I bought 3 different bags with it... now I've reverted back to RH. I guess could go either way...

I love tassels...I think they're bohemian chic, sexy, and timeless.

I think the perfect combo for Bal would be to make the RH available in silver..........

....something like the pewter hardware and with tassels.

This would be a nice in-between for those who like the GSH but smaller, and tassels!

Not sure I like the look of tassles. I have not carried my first Bbag yet. I will have to carry it soon to see if it gets caught up anywhere then I would decide if I want to remove them.

I love tassels...I think they're bohemian chic, sexy, and timeless.

I think the perfect combo for Bal would be to make the RH available in silver..........

....something like the pewter hardware and with tassels.

This would be a nice in-between for those who like the GSH but smaller, and tassels!

i would die, die for this combo! :nuts: