1. Where's the best place to get a ring with quality tanzanite in it for a good price?
  2. I think that's a hard one. Most stores don't carry it- at least in my area. If they do, it is washed out horribly. There are so many different shades. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link to pricescope's search I did, but go to colored stones and search tanzanite. There are pages w/ vendors and things like that. ajsgems.com has some in stock too.

It depends on your budget, what color you like, the size you want, etc.

For ready made rings- don't laugh- but my mom has had good luck w/ the Jewelry Channel. I know, I know. But the stuff was really nice, great color and good quality. They use an auction format and are a TV program.
  3. Tanzanite is something that is very hard to come by in a high quality form. If I were to go look for some good quality I would try to find out if there is a gem and mineral club in your area. They usually have shows. There also is a traveling Jewelry show. The international Gem and jewelry show. Check them out. they have retail and a wholesale section. I can't tell you too much about the retail side because my father is a lapidary so we spend a lot of time in the wholesale section. But I know i've seen beautiful gems at those shows.
  4. We have used the UK channel, 'The Jewellery Channel' which I guess is the same thing, the Tanzanite in their 'Iliana' range is lovely especially for the price, I wasn't sure wether to own up to that either :roflmfao:

For the record though, I would NEVER buy it from 'Gems TV'.....dreadful experiences I've had with them :tdown::tdown::tdown:
  5. I've seen pretty tanzanite stones, but I've never cared for the settings they're in. I really don't know where one could go. Perhaps Bailey, Banks and Biddle?
  6. Yeah, that's the channel and I was thinking of that range that has the 18k gold. They've got some really beautiful pieces.:smile:
  7. I've bought two rings from LeVian. One in white gold, one in yellow, with diamonds. Pretty good color, a bit of a red cast, which is what you want. Decent price for good tanzinite. I love this stone and get a lot of compliments.
  8. I bought my mil a tanzanite ring on the Blue Train in South Africa. I don't know if we paid too much for it since we really didn't know anything about tanzanites but I wanted to get my mil something special from our trip. The only advice I could offer is to look at different color tanzanites. The prices vary greatly depending on color and you may find that you like a color that's not as expensive. They're really beautiful. I wish I had picked one up for myself.
    Good luck with your search.
  9. I've also thought about searching around for a Tanzanite stone, but they're relatively rare around my area and hopefully I could also find more information. They are so beautiful when they're darker and richer in color!